Qlik Community

New to Qlik Sense

Discussion board where members can get started with Qlik Sense.

Highlighted
adhudson
Contributor II

Can I create master items after publishing the app

As a owner of the app, Can I create master items such as master dimension, expressions and visualizations after publishing the app? Is there any restriction? if yes, please tell me why?

5 Replies
Luminary
Luminary

Re: Can I create master items after publishing the app

Not in the published app in the stream. You can create new master items in the Workspace and then republish the updated app.

adhudson
Contributor II

Thanks for answering it Ivan. I see this as a restriction to the qlik developers compared to other BI tools. May I know why this limit has been put in the first place? What would happen if the app owners are allowed to create master items after publishing an app into the stream? So far, I couldn't find any logical or technical reasons behind it?

Luminary
Luminary

I don't find this to be a restriction. You can always edit your app, add charts, master items, etc. After you are done you just republish the app to the stream.

adhudson
Contributor II

msi

perhaps you or someone else from your team could answer this question.

benwspx1
New Contributor III

Lack of editing/creating master items is not a restriction so long as only one person is contributing to the app. There needs to be a way for multiple people to build master items & variables in an app simultaneously. I'm leveraging the new sheet publishing and approval abilities to allow them to make their own sheets. However, every master item and variable has to be edited/created by me and then republished. It creates a development bottleneck.

Tags (1)