Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can I filter a table by background colour?

I have a table of data where I have created an expression for the background colour of the cell to turn Red if a certain word appears in the cell

However.  I would like to know if there is a way I can filter to see just the highlighted cells in the column.

Also, is there a way I can stop losing my place in the table when switching between sheets?  If I scroll down this column, view a different sheet then come back to it, it automatically takes me back to the top of the table.

Any help would be appreciated.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

To answer my own question and for anybody else's reference, the only solution I have found as a workaround is to create a filter using the same expression I used for the background colour, except using 'Abbreviation Needed' instead of Red().

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

To answer my own question and for anybody else's reference, the only solution I have found as a workaround is to create a filter using the same expression I used for the background colour, except using 'Abbreviation Needed' instead of Red().

dirk1955
Creator
Creator

Hi,

Can you please upload an example?

I have a problem with the filter, it works dough i have to click 2 times before the filter applies.

My conditions are loaded into 2 vars.

I've visualized the data in the vars in 2 text boxes.

When i click i see the correct data in the vars.

When i click the first time, is see data in both vars, when i click the second time one of the vars becomes empty (as it sould be) and the data is filtered correctly.

I've tried everything to first empty the first var and then loading data in the second var but nothing works.

The second time i click, the filter is applied.

Greetings

zzoemie