Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Can I update data in the cloud without re-uploading of the project...

or .. at least without changing the URL that gets created for the project - it's annoying it changes every time I update data

and URL stops working.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

There is a difference between the app file (which will give you a new URL) and the data file (as gwassenaar‌ suggests uploading).

Once you have uploaded a file to the My Personal Data Files you will need to write the load script in the cloud pulling the data from the correct library.

The best route is probably to write a QVD (or number of QVDs) from the load script of the app on your local machine, then simply upload those QVDs after a local reload.

Hope that makes sense,

Steve

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Yes, you can upload data files to My Personal Data Files in Qlik Cloud and then use such a data file in your app. You can update the data file by uploading a new version with the same name. After that you can reload your app so it gets update with the new data.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
reddy-s
Master II
Master II

Hi Richard,

You will have to update the data files to achieve this. Once uploaded , just reload the app.

Not applicable
Author

Yep. by following that the app will get a new URL...

stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

There is a difference between the app file (which will give you a new URL) and the data file (as gwassenaar‌ suggests uploading).

Once you have uploaded a file to the My Personal Data Files you will need to write the load script in the cloud pulling the data from the correct library.

The best route is probably to write a QVD (or number of QVDs) from the load script of the app on your local machine, then simply upload those QVDs after a local reload.

Hope that makes sense,

Steve

Not applicable
Author

Found - it for some reason i needed to add a single file first

until I could get into the data editor (selection was not there earlier - on an uploaded app)

edit: seems i can not load data / edit load script when the app is published - so to do this

i need to unpublish - load data - publish again.