Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Can QVD Files can be used in QlikSense and NPrinting?

Hello team,

Could some one help me on below questions

1. In Multi-server configuration, can QVD Files accessible with Qlik Sense application? if so, what are all configurations need to implement?

2. Is Qlik Sense also generates QVDs? (its silly but just confirming with experts)

3. Can Nprinting is separate software? and can interact with QlikView and QlikSense?

4. How to Print Qlikview dashboard (full) in PDF? (apart from Report options, since creating printing report  through Report options requires additional efforts) or is that achievable by PDF exporter from Print option?

5. Can some one provide more details on Qlikview vs QlikSense?

Thanks,

Rajesh

13 Replies
jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

HI,

Check the answers below

1. You can read QVD files in Qliksense, no need of any configurations.

Syntax:

LOAD

FROM Lib:\FileName.qvd (qvd);

2. You can generate QVDs from Qliksense

Syntax:

Data:

LOAD

FROM DataSource;

STORE Data INTO Lib:\Data.qvd;

3. NPrinting is separate software, it works only for Qlikview right now, may be they have plans for Qliksense in future.

4. I think reports is the best option, in addtion to that you use PDF exporter from Print option.

5. Check links below

QlikView and Qlik Sense

http://www.quickintelligence.co.uk/qlikview-vs-qlik-sense/

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Jagan for your quick response.

Also, can NPrinting can read .QVD files?

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Actually NPrinting is used to publish Qlikview charts to a folder or to send the reports to users through email.  Also heard that it is not possible to read QVD files in NPrinting.

I am not sure what you want to do by reading QVD in NPrinting, it is a different tool.

Hope this helps you.  If you got the Answers please close this thread by giving Correct and Helpful answers to posts which helps you.

Regards,

Jagan.

Not applicable
Author

Basically, in one of our project, users looking both dashboard & standard reports for printing (as what we see and what we get) either in Excel / PDF.

As Qlikview does not support printing directly (pixel perfect), so we are in the process of using N Printing and want to see is how to mimic development efforts by using .QVD files (which created for Dashboard and self services).

So, if any one has some exp with this kind of environment

Let me know if you need more details.

Cheers,

Rajesh

simondachstr
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

To add to 2.

QVDs created in Qlik Sense can only be read by QlikView version 12.

QV 11.20 will not be able to load Qlik Sense QVD files.

simondachstr
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

nPrinting sits on TOP of QlikView.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Martin, as many tools, and new to QlikView products getting in to many questions.

1. As N Printing reads QlikView (.QVW) files the design displays as is

For ex, .QVW file has combination of stack bar and pie chart will be displayed as is when we open in N Printing.

2. Is Qlik view allows to set notifications to required users like when a actual value crosses the target value?

3. Can QlikView and QlikSense allows end users to create calculations on the go like through portal / mobile?

Much appreciated for your help

Cheers,

Rajesh

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi Rajesh,

Check below

1. NPrinting reports has the capability to display the Qlikview charts as  it is.

2. Yes, you can set alerts

Tools Menu -> Alerts

3. Yes, users can create there own charts and expressions in Qlikview and Qliksense, but you need to do some security settings.  Also it is limited for that user only, suppose if I create a chart in Qlikview only I can view that chart in browser.

Hope this helps you.

Regards,

Jagan.

simondachstr
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

1. nPrinting does not display the QlikView charts as is. It creates a snapshot and exports it as an image.

3. In Qlik Sense you can share your sheet by publishing to the Community Sheet sections OR you can even collaboratively work on one sheet.