Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Can QlikSense create box and whisker plot

I am trying to create a box plot in QS but can't find the option to do it.

Understand that QV does have this feature, how about QS?

11 Replies
martin_dideriks
Partner - Contributor III

Hi

There is not a BoxPlot available in QlikSense standard package.

I have not yet seen an extension, but it should be fairly easy to make this extension based on the example from d3js.

//Martin

martin_dideriks

I have just seen, that a boxplot is now available on branch.qlik.com - I have not tried it yet...but it exists 🙂

//Martin

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hello Benson,

As stated, you can download the Box Plot extension object from our Qlik Branch site located here: http://branch.qlik.com/projects/showthread.php?379-Sense-Boxplot

If you are new to using Extension Objects and Qlik Branch I recommend you check out this video:

Qlik Sense - Introduction to Extensions (video)

I also attached the extension - with the sample app and data.

Please mark the appropriate replies as helpful / correct so our team and other members know that your question(s) has been answered to your satisfaction.

Regards,

Mike T

Qlik

Sense Boxplot

The boxplot is a great way to visualize the shape of data sets using statistical methods to find and depict range, median, outliers, and quartile-based variability/whiskers. Here's a good explanation of it from Wikipedia.

Data

The way the data is brought in is only a tiny bit unusual. We want all of the numeric values with NO AGGREGATION so you actually want to add 2 dimensions - first dimension is the actual dimension (in the example provided it's a Quarter, so Q1, Q2, etc). Second dimension is the set of numeric values you want the chart to crunch on, in the example provided it's Revenue.

In order to be able to replicate exactly what Bostock did and see they match, I am ingesting his sample CSV in the app provided; However, because his csv is pivoted, I used a crosstable function in the loadscript to unpivot and get the data in a way we normally consume it.

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Not applicable
Author

hi mike,

im new here ...

i have the similar problem in here.

your extension object is work correctly, but, like the object from Chris in her : Qlik Branch

i try to change the title "Revenue" and the XTitle "Quarter" but it didn't work.

may somebody help me out ?

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hello Dewa,

Normally - you would contact the developer in the comments section on branch at the location of the project: http://branch.qlik.com/#!/project/56728f52d1e497241ae697f3 - but I know Chris and he is a colleague and friend. I will reach out to him to see if he can assist.

Regards,

Mike T

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Not applicable
Author

Hi Mike,

Thanks for your responds,

i found for may case, the problem is on cache memory.

i think now i face another problem here, its about bugs for calculating the boxplot graph. i already raise an issue in branch also.

can you assist me as well ?

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Sure - I will get Chris to reach out to you as I have not used this before.

cls‌ - can you take a look?

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Not applicable
Author

‌i already open an issue ti chris in branch. Is it enough ?

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

He should be reaching out to you.

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik