Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
oliverchoihk
Contributor
Contributor

Can Qliksense visualize a warehouse heatmap

Hi all,

Previously, I did the warehouse heat map on Excel. The steps are follow:

1. Draw the warehouse layout on the spreadsheet and give an value to each cell which represent a warehouse location

2. Analyze the inventory moving frequency(of a particular location) and rank the frequency.

3. Use warehouse location to look up the ranking value.

So my question is: can I create a layout and heat map on Qliksense/how can we import the layout, if possible?

Br,

Oli

warehouse heat map的圖片搜尋結果

6 Replies
mlehtola
Partner - Contributor III

You could create an svg file out of the floorplan and use svgReader extension to visualize the floorplan:

http://branch.qlik.com/#!/project/56728f52d1e497241ae69868

oliverchoihk
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi Markus,

Thanks for bringing this idea. It is very nice.

I am evaluating the feasibility. Do you know what are the major limitation? As you know, I have many many cells on a floorplan and every warehouse layout is very irregular and has to be tailor made.

Br,

Oliver

mlehtola

It will probably be quite a lot of manual work with svg editor. Depends probably on the use case and business benefits if it is worth the time and effort.

oliverchoihk
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Thanks Markus!

Anonymous
Not applicable

hello

I tried the svg editor extension but couldn't succeed. The coloring of boxes is not possible i guess. so i tried the pivot table according to suggestions from the forum. You can find the link of my topic here   Warehouse layout with qlik sense

the shelfs currently look like below.

Capture.PNG

morbidserenity
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I've been playing around with SVG reader extenstion and Inkscape and I have created a first ruff draft of our warehouse pick locations. I've created some vba in excel to speed upp the process of creating the shelfs and the id's of them and exporting the code to the svg file I use. It's a very easy process most of the time will be in creating the design of the warehouse and Inkscape is a good tool for that. I will also try using the pivot table proposal to show the shelf and the picks from the y axis.

Capture.JPG