Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
krishna789
Creator II
Creator II

Can Show/Hide is possible in qliksense?

Hi,

Can show/hide is possible in qlik sense  latest  versions.

Thanking You

krishna

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
devarasu07
Master II
Master II

Hi,

AFAIK, it's not available in qliksens by default. but you can try this extension can get similar output.

GitHub - fadyheiba/ShowHide: This Qlik Sense extension is a container that shows or hides visualizat...

GitHub - stefanwalther/sense-navigation: Sheet Navigation + Actions for Qlik Sense.

P.S: in feature version they might include this option

Thanks,
Deva

View solution in original post

16 Replies
OmarBenSalem

As in QlikView? No.

U can't and I don't think It will be possible for even the next releases since Qlik sense's logic won't allow objects superposition; I mean 2 objects cannot have the same emplacement to hide one and show the other based on condition..

the only show/hide functionnality is kind of through the adds-on but, every chart will still have its own place..

What qlik sense team should think of; is adding this show/hide possibility for dimensions and measures (like in qlikview), that can be very useful !

mto‌ : correct me if I'm wrong

devarasu07
Master II
Master II

Hi,

AFAIK, it's not available in qliksens by default. but you can try this extension can get similar output.

GitHub - fadyheiba/ShowHide: This Qlik Sense extension is a container that shows or hides visualizat...

GitHub - stefanwalther/sense-navigation: Sheet Navigation + Actions for Qlik Sense.

P.S: in feature version they might include this option

Thanks,
Deva

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi Omar - thanks for tagging me - you are correct - this is not possible at the moment and not sure if it will be - Deva made mention of an extension that might perform this task - but I have not looked at it yet. I also came across this excerpt from one of our viz experts, that was in response to a similar question:

"

Keep in mind that Qlik Sense is a different product then QlikView and aims to fulfill a different use-case then QlikView.

Typically show/hide conditions on objects were used to guide the user through the data/app.

For a more guided experience you still have QlikView or you could leverage the Qlik Sense APIs to build that experience.

Also in my personal opinion show/hide does not really makes sense without being able to position objects on different layers and that is hard to do without impeding on the responsive grid that allows Sense to scale from your mobile device to browser which will become more obvious once the Server edition becomes available (even though the desktop client also is responsive, try re-sizing the window)"

HTH

Mike

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
s_santalucia
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hello Devarasu

why GitHub - stefanwalther/sense-navigation: Sheet Navigation + Actions for Qlik Sense. do not work in QlikSense Server?

I need to "Set variable value" (option of this extension) to do the "showhide" with the extension GitHub - fadyheiba/ShowHide: This Qlik Sense extension is a container that shows or hides visualizat....

Thanks!

devarasu07
Master II
Master II

Hi,

I'm using that Stefan sheet navigation extension in my qliksense server and it's working. what error are u getting it? (is it working in you sense desktop first? then zip and import that extension into qliksense via qmc. then it should. still if you facing any issue please share your steps/screen short and which version are u using it?

Thanks

Deva

s_santalucia
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hi,

I just downloaded the laster version and it work!

thanks.

dhavalvyas
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi,

Stefania Can you Share your .qvf file I also want to Implement it...

s_santalucia
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

have you downloaded extension?

you can find the qvf there

https://github.com/fadyheiba/ShowHide/tree/master/FEI-ShowHide/Example%20App

dhavalvyas
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi Stefania .qvf which you have share can you tell me inside Show Hide Button Sheet which Object is used for Pivot Table.

It shows Mainly three option General,Default Visualization and Conditional Visualization...

Thanks in Advanced...