Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Community Office Hours, March 20th. Former Talend Community users, ask your questions live. SIGN UP
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rittermd
Master
Master

Can not clear Filter Choices

I am working on a dashboard and picked several filters to test data.

Now I am done with that and clear all selections.  The dashboard reverts back to no filter choices.

I close the dashboard.

I open the dashboard and the filters that I last picked are back. 

I can't figure out why they are sticking and how to get rid of them.

This is QS 3.0

8 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Try this:

Open the app, clear the selections, edit a sheet and modify an object and then undo the change. Now save the app again. Close the app and reopen the app.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
rittermd
Master
Master
Author

I had already thought of that.  Didn't work.

When you say save the app what do you mean?  The only save buttons are on the Data Load Editor and Data Model Viewer.

There is no Save option when you are editing a sheet or an object.  You just click on Done.

But in any case it didn't work.

rittermd
Master
Master
Author

I even cleared the filter that was there and picked a couple of new ones.  I closed the app and reopened it and the original filter was back.

Gysbert_Wassenaar

Sorry, no idea. I can't reproduce this issue in Qlik Sense Desktop or in Qlik Cloud. I don't have a Qlik Sense Enterprise installation to play around with.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
rittermd
Master
Master
Author

Thanks for trying.  I opened a ticket with Qlik because I can't think of anything else to try.

spring101
Contributor III
Contributor III

This solution may be something you initially checked, but have you added a current selections box just to make sure you didn't inadvertently lock your selections?

rittermd
Master
Master
Author

I just cleared it.  I think.

I cleared the selections. 

Then I did a reload.

Closed the app.

Opened the app and the filters were gone.

sstefancies
Contributor III
Contributor III

I have been having this problem for a while.  I figured out that if there are any selections at the time of data load, they will get stuck.  Now, whenever I need to reload data, I always make sure that nothing is selected.  If I get something stuck, I clear it and reload the data.  A similar answer was posted here:

https://community.qlikview.com/thread/189733

But that had too many steps for QS.  It's much simpler to just clear > reload > done.

That thread also says that exporting and importing the app works but I tried that with no success.