Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Can't connect to Qlik Sense Desktop

Just downloaded and installed Desktop as a trial.

Installation went fine but now won't connect to the hub.

Not a great advertisement!

Any ideas?

Thanks

30 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi Neil,

Do you have ports locked by antivirus/firewall software or any proxy settings?

Open Qlik Sense Desktop, go to your browser and try the following URL:

http://localhost:4848/hub/my/work

What does that show?

Miguel

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi Niel,

Thanks for downloading Qlik Sense, we will do our best to get you up and running. The issue you are most likely experiencing, is due to your proxy configuration with your browser / internet settings. Certain organizations configure their browsers / internet settings to use proxy servers to control web traffic. By default, the setting to bypass localhost (your machine) is usually not enabled in these settings and may cause this problem.

Please check your internet settings on your machine by going to: Control Panel\Network and Internet and select internet options, connections, Lan Settings and see if you have bypass proxy server for local addresses checked.

3-3-2015 5-15-07 PM.png

If it is checked - then you may have something else on your machine causing this issue, which we can help you troubleshoot. Please provide as much information, logs. screenshot attachments so we can quickly help you get started.

You can also take a look at these videos to get started and learn more:

New to Qlik Sense Videos

BTW - Some clarifications for you - Qlik Sense Desktop is not trial software, it is a fully featured and freely available data visualization desktop tool that helps you analyze data and create visualizations. Qlik Sense Server is the "pay for" , license versions - which provides the same experience - but by using a browser only. It has security, admin, mgmt and mobile capabilities as well.

Please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT / HELPFUL so our team and other members know that your question(s) has been answered to your satisfaction.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

Mike Tarallo

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Not applicable
Author

By the way, this is the error I was getting...

Not applicable
Author

This is the error I get when I try to connect to localhost:4848

Not applicable
Author

bypass proxy is checked, see below:

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi Niel - sorry for the delay.

Here is what I'd like you to try:

• Stop Qlik Sense Desktop
  • On the machine where Qlik Sense Desktop is installed go to: C:\Users\<user_prof>\AppData\Local\Temp
    (Where <user_prof> - is your Windows user id such as in my example: C:\Users\mtarallo.MTARALLO\AppData\Local\Temp
  • Locate any files that start with Qlik_Sense_Desktop_<date_time>.log and delete them

• Go back to the Internet Settings screen like you did in the previous post and this time uncheck the "Automatically detect settings" check box and check the "Use a proxy server..." check box - therefore the Bypass proxy setting will then be active.

• Restart Qlik Sense Desktop.
  • If Qlik Sense Desktop starts - then you are good to go and it was your local network settings / proxy preventing the communication with our local listeners. Check out the New to Qlik Sense videos here to begin learning more:New to Qlik Sense Videos
  • If you have the same problem, go back to C:\Users\<user_prof>\AppData\Local\Temp and find the Qlik_Sense_Desktop*.log files
  • Aattach them to this post and we will review.
  • If you require some more assistance, please let me know.

Please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT / HELPFUL so our team and other members know that your question(s) has been answered to your satisfaction.

Regards,

Mike Tarallo

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Not applicable
Author

Hi Mike,

I think I'm having a similar issue to Neil.  I created a few apps in the previous version of Qlik Sense and updated to 1.1.0 over the weekend. Yesterday when I opened the desktop version the hub didn't appear after the splash screen went away. I've tried this several times and the hub did show up twice.  I have more luck using Chrome but then the hub still appears intermittently.  I have followed all of the steps you've outlined above although I am working on my personal computer so I don't think it would be a connection issue.  I've also reinstalled Qlik Sense and cleared out my apps from the directory but still no luck.  I've posted a screen shot of what I'm seeing in the desktop version next to chrome and on this occasion I did get the hub in Chrome, but you'll see there are some strange icons coming up across the top. Also I attached the log files I had from trying to access Qlik Sense today.

On one attempt I did get a C++ runtime error from windows and showing the qlik sense directory,

but I didn't get that as a screen shot.

Thanks,

Taylor

Qliksense_Issue.png

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi Taylor - thanks for the information - let me push this to over to support and see what they come back with. This seems to be an isolated issue.

Mike

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi Taylor - since this issues seems to be a bit more complex than others, we require some more information.

I sent this to Qlik Support - to see if they can help and they have stated:

As we see, the installation was finished and  they were able to see the error message in the Browser, can we get the runtime log from him. Should be located in [My documents\Qlik\Sense\Log].

C:\Users\<userprof>\Documents\Qlik\Sense\Log

To make it easier - just .zip up all the .log files and attach to this thread.

Thanks

Mike T

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik