Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jonna
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Can't edit & save document following click-through from QS app

good morning

we have a QlikSense app which has a button users can click-through to open up an .xlsx document which is located on the shared drive - the document opens as you would expect. The users enter some text to the .xlsx document as re-save it to the same location. This also works as expected.

what we can't manage to sort out is being able to successfully re-open the document with those text changes. we can't be sure but, it looks like original the un-edited document  might be somehow cached by the browser, even though when changes have been made and saved successfully to the shared drive. the browser we use is Edge (corporate policy is that we can't use any other browser) , we ae currently on 64-bit version 103.0.1264.64 

can anyone suggest a solution please?

many thanks in advance

jonna

Labels (1)
4 Replies
Lisa_Sun
Support
Support

@jonna  I tested on both Chrome and Edge but it works fine.  So basically once excel change gets saved, reopen the same .xlsx file, the new change reflects immediately on the data load editor.  You may clear web browser cache then test for few more times to see whether it happens again.  You can also upgraded to latest Edge release.  Mine is Version 103.0.1264.71 (Official build) (64-bit)

Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you! If already marked, give it a thumbs up!
jonna
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

thanks very much Lisa. I will wee what  I can find out today.

cheers

jonna

jonna
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Hi Lisa

I have a bit of an update for you - I asked the member of staff to walk me through what she was doing  and I have this:

• the click through is a simple button on the App and the action within the button is a simple URL with the location of the spreadsheet 
  • She showed me opening the Excel spreadsheet, making changes and then saving it to the same location on the organization's shared drive
  • When carrying out the action again, the previous un-cached / unedited version opened, recreating what she had told me.
  • I then asked her to clear the cache manually and try again with an additional edit .  This time the edited spreadsheet opened
  • The organisation policy wont allow another browser to be used and a version upgrade isnt planned for the near future.

What this means, I guess is that we might be better off seeking ideas  for a workaround from within the QS app????

Cheers, Jonna

jonna
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Hi again

Do you think it would be possible to design an alterative solution to the function in the app as opposed to the method being used now?  ~Maybe performing some action that would direct the user of the app to somehow avoid going through the Edge browser?

Thanks

Jonna