cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can't load some value fields from a SQL Select table

Hi everyone,

I have one problem that is driving me nuts. Since I have very limited knowledge in SQL, maybe you guys could help me out here.

I have an ODBC connection with a oracle system, and it is working just fine with every select i am making.

But, when trying to load this table, it gives me a error connector reply: *** message.

Above some images of what is happening.

1. I open de connection and see the table i'm about to load:

1.png

2. When I try to load everything, no good:

2.png

3. Curiosly, when I load only the "text" values, the load executes well.

3.png

4. But when I try to load VALORH and VALORD, it doesn't load at all.

4.png

I have already tried to do a SQL SELECT *, but, again, resulted in the same error

Anyone could help me?

Thanks a lot!

13 Replies
ahaahaaha
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

I think something with the field name VALORH. Play with him. Check that there are no spaces in front of the field name. It can help quotes. The impression that the Qlik Sense does not find the name VALORH in ODBC connection with a oracle system.

petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Are you able to share the schema definition of the table called VW_CRPORCASO_ANOMES?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

kinda difficult

But, if it was it, it should bring me results when applying a Select *, huh?

Thanks, Andrey!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Will see if it is possible. You've got any hint?

Thanks, Petter.

petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Which Oracle driver are you using? Is it the one that comes with Qlik ODBC Connectors or is it Oracles own ODBC driver? Which version is it?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

It is Oracles own ODBC Driver. I've downloaded direct from their website.

Version is OraClient11 g_home1.

Thanks!

ahaahaaha
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

If the field name *VALORH* is valid for Qlik Sense, yes. But Qlik Sense writes an error while loading. Other fields and table loads, as this field does not load.

Above the first your Figure has field VALORH, it loaded (although all zeros). What has changed from the time of the download, when the field was read Qlik Sense and moment load, when the error?

ronnywaage
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi

Have you tried to just test with Select * from .... (Without specify the fields/columns)? This is the first step.

Clever_Anjos
Employee
Employee

You´ve written "load this table" but by name, I´m assuming you are retrieving data from a View since it starts with a "VW"

Does that  view uses any particular stored procedure, temporary table or not ANSI SQL feature?