Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rodney
Contributor III
Contributor III

Can't see the Stream

Hi, 

I can't seem to figure out why a user cannot see a Stream. 

I'm in the QMC and then Streams, and select the Stream. The user has every option checked - C R U D P O 

If I make them the owner, then they can see it (and I can't) ... but not when I'm the owner. 

Where else do I need to set permissions? 

Thanks. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ganapati_h
Partner Ambassador Alumni

When you create a stream by default you are the owner and only you can see the stream. You need to edit steam go to security rule and edit "Security rule for access to <streamname> ".

or

you can edit stream go to security rule and create a new rule to give access to to other users.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

GH

View solution in original post

5 Replies
ganapati_h

When you create a stream by default you are the owner and only you can see the stream. You need to edit steam go to security rule and edit "Security rule for access to <streamname> ".

or

you can edit stream go to security rule and create a new rule to give access to to other users.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

GH

shiveshsingh
Master
Master

You need to go to security settings for that stream and then add that user id in the owner's list.

Then that user will be able to see the stream in hub.

RickyK
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi Ganapati,

Greetings!!

We could not see the newly created stream in Hub even we follow the same process(Adding individual UserIds to the security rule for access to...).

But this can be seen in streams section in QMC.

what would be the issue here.

We are using "Qlik Sense August 2022"

thanks in Advance.!

IuliaM
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi,

I have the same issue. I am admin and owner of the newly creates stream but cannot see it. our version is Nov 2022.

is this a known bug?

Thanks

Iulia

IuliaM
Contributor III
Contributor III

I think I know why that is. if the stream is emply it will not show on the Hub, try to publishe somethign to that stream and then it will be visible.

Cheers

Iulia