Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
athompsonhp
Contributor III
Contributor III

Can the Qlik Sense Data Loader "Main" tab default (template) be changed?

Is there a way to fill the "Main" with an INCLUDE statement or other SET statements?  I would like each of my users to start with a predefined application.

MainTabDefault.png

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

My pleasure. - a few things.

• I want to make sure you are getting the best support possible, so I will be informing your account manager to follow up with you.
  • Check out this video(s) (if you have not seen them) here which shows you some of that process (shells templates)  using :

New to Qlik Sense Server Videos - Video List

Here is the onlinr help topic on this workflow topic:
http://help.qlik.com/sense/en-US/online/#../Subsystems/ManagementConsole/Content/QMC_Apps_Publishing...

Please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT / HELPFUL so our team and other members know that your question(s) has been answered to your satisfaction.

Let us know how you do.

Regards,

Mike Tarallo

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

HI Andy - I assume you mean - as a starting point within the product, for example when someone selects to Create a new APP?

• Are you using Qlik Sense Desktop or Qlik Sense Server?
  • Do they require access to the data load editor?

I will investigate this for you.

Note - Qlik Sense Server allows you to create Apps that can be shells / templates - that users can then build sheets from as a starting point, using a predefined data model and load script. You can have the script already as part of the app.

Regards,

Mike T

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
athompsonhp
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

We are evaluating the Qlik Sense Server.

Your "Note" is what I am accustom to with our QlikView environment.  I would like more information about the shells\templates.  I would like to ensure that our users are using the "best practices \ corporate standards".  I do that by giving them templates to use as the starting point.

However if the users forego using the templates then I want them to start with the Main tab populated with the "best practices \ corporate standards".

Thanks Mike for your immediate response.

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

My pleasure. - a few things.

• I want to make sure you are getting the best support possible, so I will be informing your account manager to follow up with you.
  • Check out this video(s) (if you have not seen them) here which shows you some of that process (shells templates)  using :

New to Qlik Sense Server Videos - Video List

Here is the onlinr help topic on this workflow topic:
http://help.qlik.com/sense/en-US/online/#../Subsystems/ManagementConsole/Content/QMC_Apps_Publishing...

Please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT / HELPFUL so our team and other members know that your question(s) has been answered to your satisfaction.

Let us know how you do.

Regards,

Mike Tarallo

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik