Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nikola1
Contributor II
Contributor II

Can user have access to stream but not access to the app in that stream?

Hello,

I need help! I am trying to create a security rule which will allow access to the hub but not allow access to the application in that hub, and app access will be allowed by different rule according to a user property value. So far I managed to create rule which will not have read access in stream and only access to App, but when I do that, then user can access app but cannot see sheets in the app. Also I searched trough the forum and tried to follow provided solutions but in that case I am getting error that rule is too complex, so not even sure if I am on a right track.

Can someone please explain if this is possible and if yes what will be the steps to implement it?

Thanks in advance!

1 Reply
Congrid
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi,

Looks like you are trying to restrict access at app level instead of sheet level.

First thing to do is disable the default rule called "Stream" which is responsible for granting access to all app inside a stream to users if they have read access to the stream.

Now you can created rule for individual apps in the stream to control the security. You can use custom properties to organize your rules better.

When you are creating these rules for the apps add the resource filter like "App*" or "App_*,App.Object_*" so that this rule grants access to sheets inside the apps as well.

Regards,

Congrid