Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
senarath
Creator III
Creator III

Can we run both Qlikview and Qlik Sense in a single server?

Can we run both Qlikview and Qlik Sense in a single server?

My requirement is to carry out developments and deployments for both ipad clients (Qlik Sense) and desktop users (Qlikview)

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable

The QlikSense Desktop can run parallel on a Desktop Computer with QlikView, but not on an Server OS.

QlikSense for Server will be released in September with more Details what is possible / recomended.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
IAMDV
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi Senarath,

I assume that you meant running one physical machine. Currently, Qlik Sense doesn't come with server component. It's only available as desktop edition. You can use the desktop edition if you wanted but both of them are different products. And both of them will not share the data in RAM instead they will be seperate. That's my understanding!

Cheers,

DV

Not applicable

The QlikSense Desktop can run parallel on a Desktop Computer with QlikView, but not on an Server OS.

QlikSense for Server will be released in September with more Details what is possible / recomended.

Not applicable

We can install, QlikSense desktop on same server where we have QlikView running. You can share QlikSense reports to another and they need QlikSense desktop to view those.

Please see current instance of QlikSense will expire on Dec 2014.

I believe we do not have Qlik Sense server, that is slated for 3rd/4th quarter this year.

Check for more info: Qlik Sense Support FAQ

Not applicable

Arindam Roy schrieb:

We can install, QlikSense desktop on same server where we have QlikView running. You can share QlikSense reports to another and they need QlikSense desktop to view those.

Please see current instance of QlikSense will expire on Dec 2014.

I believe we do not have Qlik Sense server, that is slated for 3rd/4th quarter this year.

Check for more info: Qlik Sense Support FAQ

Let me correct you, QlikSense Desktop will not be running on Server OS, only Windows Vista / 7 / 8.x 64 bit

Not applicable

Thanks Daniel. Yes you are correct.