Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SunilChauhan
Champion
Champion

Can we use same license as desktop or other license required

Hi,

Could we use same license as qlikview desktop or any other license required for this?

Sunil Chauhan
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Josh_Good
Employee
Employee

Current plans are to keep Qlik Sense Desktop free.  We will be releasing a server based version of Qlik Sense later this year. The server version will require paid licensing - The specific have yet to be announced.  In the mean time enjoy Qlik Sense Desktop and don't forget you can share what you create with other Qlik Sense Desktop users (also for free).

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Josh_Good
Employee
Employee

Qlik Sense Desktop is completely free. No license required. 

SunilChauhan
Champion
Champion
Author

thats great.sould it be always free or there may be some licensing on it.

servers are same as qlikview server or i am not understanding it properly.

Sunil Chauhan
Josh_Good
Employee
Employee

Current plans are to keep Qlik Sense Desktop free.  We will be releasing a server based version of Qlik Sense later this year. The server version will require paid licensing - The specific have yet to be announced.  In the mean time enjoy Qlik Sense Desktop and don't forget you can share what you create with other Qlik Sense Desktop users (also for free).

pragyaagrawal
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

HI Josh,

Thanks for information. Can we open QlikView reports (Licensed) in Qlik Sense desktop free version?

SunilChauhan
Champion
Champion
Author

its a good question.

my thinking is not. beacuse one is licensed and other one seems is like personal edition (not perfectly).lets wait reply from josh.

Sunil Chauhan
Not applicable

From the FAQ

Can I copy my QlikView 11 documents (qvw) to Qlik Sense Desktop?

Yes, but only limited parts (script) of your QlikView 11 documents will be able to convert into the Qlik Sense app (qvf) format.

So you can migrate your QlikView Documents but not just open as these are two different Products.

Josh_Good
Employee
Employee

You can do this by dragging a QVW onto Qlik Sense Desktop. The entire script and data model convert over and a Qlik Sense QVF is automatically created. From there you can create Qlik Sense visuizations.