cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
squeakie_pig
Creator II
Creator II

Can you create a folder structure in QlikSense Cloud Enterprise DataFiles

Is there a way to create a folder structure in the DataFiles connections in Qlik Cloud Enterprise?

For example: I have a Space called ETL and would like to differentiate between files that are pulled from different systems like Salesforce and Redshift.  

At the moment it is all stored in the one 'folder'. The green text in the second picture is what I am wanting to create.  

datafiles.png

Have tried adding additional  / to create a path but it doesn't work the way I expected

store Account into [lib://ETL:DataFiles/Test.qvd] (qvd);
store Account into [lib://ETL:DataFiles/SF/Test_path.qvd] (qvd);

datafiles2.png

Reason for this: so users know what files to use.

I don't want to have to rename all the stored files with an identifying prefix (Redshift_Account; Salesforce_Account)

I have checked here and can't find anything: https://help.qlik.com/en-US/cloud-services/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Sense_Hub/LoadData/adding-data-dat...

Cheers

Labels (3)
2 Replies
AnkitMadhukar
Creator
Creator

Hi @squeakie_pig ,

I am also looking for a solution to this. The use case is to create three tier structure in SaaS so that the QVDs are properly organized.
Did you find anything that works?
I hope there is some method to explore the Filesystem to do this.

Thanks ,
Ankit Madhukar

squeakie_pig
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi @AnkitMadhukar 

Our partner confirmed with Qlik that this wasn't possible.  Not being able to access it from anywhere other than a qlik data connection was difficult so we opted to use Azure container blobs for all our data storage instead.  It is much more flexible.