Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
paolo_mapelli
Creator II
Creator II

Cannot change column order in a flat table

Hi,

as wrote in subject, changing order of columns in QS 1.1 flat table is not working when the number of included columns exceedes the number of showable one, plus 1

You can move columns in design mode but, after moving, "save" button doesn't light up and the moved column doesn't shows in its new position (column order in table differs from order in right panel). Moreover, when you exit and then re-enter into design mode, column order reverts back to original.

Is it a known bug ?

Thanks in advance.

Paolo.

8 Replies
JonnyPoole
Employee
Employee

i have not seen this.

can you share a QVF that shows the problem with a few steps to reproduce ? 

Not applicable

Hi Jonathan

I have the same issue and I have a demo qvf which illustrates the issue. How do I upload it to the thread?

I have also had issues where I have added a column to a table, successfully repositioned the column, only to find that the column remains as the last column of the Excel export. Have you come across that one?

I haven't been able to reproduce it in my demo qvf (as yet), but if you've not seen that one, maybe you could take a quick look at the export code whilst looking into the current column-ordering issue (when i can upload it to you) ...?

Thanks

Jeremy

santhoo_san
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

I am using 1.0.2 desktop version... it is working fine for me.

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi Jeremy, in this discussion, select the Use Advanced Editor link in the upper right - you should be able to attach the .qvf file. We will take a look.

Please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT / HELPFUL so our team and other members know that your question(s) has been answered to your satisfaction.

Regards,

Mike Tarallo

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Not applicable

Thanks Michael

Try moving Field1 to Column 1.

For me, it does not work using

v. 1.1.0+Build31.QSMS10-CIGS

Jeremy

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi Jeremy, I see the problem in 1.1

See attached video clip - I assume you mean in design mode? I can move the column in view mode.

I will report this bug

Please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT / HELPFUL so our team and other members know that your question(s) has been answered to your satisfaction.

Regards,

Mike Tarallo

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Not applicable

That's correct. It's design-mode that's the big problem.

But ...

If you move the column in view mode, and then export, it doesn't alter the column position in the XLS. Maybe it's not intended to ... Would be nice though.

J

ps. I can't see how to mark a response as "helpful". The only "Action" I can see is "Report Abuse".

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Thanks - I reported it.

Only those that open the thread can mark the thread, so no worries. The original post Paolo - would have to mark the thread.

Paolo - please review this thread and mark accordingly.

Regards,

Mike T

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik