Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ndeeleysww
Creator
Creator

Cannot delete App in the Qlik Hub

Hi.

We've just had the QlikSense Hub installed onto a virtual server.

I can create apps, and should be able to delete them by right clicking on the app and selecting from the context menu. However, I don't get any options.

Do I need special admin priviledges to delete my own apps? These are apps which have not be published and just sit in my area.

I;'m using Chrome as my browser.

Cheers

Neil

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Giuseppe_Novello

On the hub stand point you cannot change any rules, you must go to the QMC and under Manage Resources > Audit, and check the security rules that you or the user that your testing.

Gio

Giuseppe Novello
Principal Technical Support Engineer @ Qlik

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Giuseppe_Novello

correct, you have to review the security rules that you have. That will determine whether you can or can't.

gio

Giuseppe Novello
ndeeleysww
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks Gio. Do you know what admn rights would be suitable for a user that doesn't get involved in config of the hub, but needs to publish and delete apps?

Giuseppe_Novello

On the hub stand point you cannot change any rules, you must go to the QMC and under Manage Resources > Audit, and check the security rules that you or the user that your testing.

Gio

Giuseppe Novello
ndeeleysww
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks Gio - I'll contact my IT dept and ask them to make the changes.

Cheers

Neil

benjaminway
Contributor II
Contributor II

Giuseppe,

Can you tell me where you grant the permissions to users to be able to delete their own unpublished apps in their My Work section?  Even when running the Qlik Sense Hub as a Root Admin I do not have the ability to delete my own unpublished app in my "My Work" section.  All I see in the documentation is that Admins can delete entire apps from the QMC, but I have to imagine there should be an ability for users or developers/designers to delete their own unpublished apps from within the Hub and not rely on admins for that.

Patman
Contributor III
Contributor III

Just an FYI - I tried to change the name of an app in explorer and it appeared in Qlik Sense but would not open. 

I renamed the app to the original name in explorer and the original one worked fine, but I could not delete the newly named one in Qlik Sense.

I copied and renamed an app in explorer to the new name I tried earlier and I was then able to delete this in Qlik Sense.