Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
miyako_FLO
Contributor II
Contributor II

Cannot open file: [lib://__GEO_TABLES/countryGeo.qvd]

Hi!

Recently my computer was replaced. We copied and pasted all the Apps I have stored in Document > Qlik >Sense  and all these Apps are visible from my desktop now. When I tried to run one of the Apps, however, I have received an error that my App cannot open the above file - these files presumably are generated when I initially created the App I guess. I have more than 20 Apps in my Document folder and wonder if there is an easy solution to these error messages (I guess all auto-generated codes will issue error, not being able to find the location of the file the system created previously).

My IT still keeps my old computer so I can possibly ask them to copy these auto-generated files and transfer to the new computers' C-drive if necessary. Where can I find these files, and can I resolve the issues by simply copy and paste these files and folders in the corresponding location of my computer?

Thank you for your help!

Miyako

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
miyako_FLO
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Search by folder name 'DataPrepService' found the current location of countryGeo.qvd and countryAliasGeo.qvd.  For reference this is the path I found: C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\Programs\Qlik\Sense\DataPrepService

View solution in original post

7 Replies
vinieme12
Champion III
Champion III

Yes, you can resolve the issue by creating the same folder structure as it was when the below folder connection was created

"lib://__GEO_TABLES"  <-- check which directory this is pointing to

Alternatively you can create  a new folder structure and then a new folder connection and then simply find and replace "lib://__GEO_TABLES"  with "lib:// new connection"

Vineeth Pujari
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please accept it as a Solution.
miyako_FLO
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

I have problem finding the location of the geo files created by the system previously. I checked in the forum and found this link, but the current version of Qlik does not seem to create 'DataPrepService' folder. https://community.qlik.com/t5/App-Development/lib-GEO-TABLES-Location/m-p/1448122

I have searched hidden and system files of the backup folders from my old computer, but couldn't find the location of these geo files. 

Any help much appreciated.

Miyako

Thanks a lot for your help!

miyako_FLO
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

I created another - identical App in my computer and now the auto-generated codes look identical to the App I imported from my old computer. The new App loads the data without any problem but my old App keep issuing the same error. I have looked into the folders under Documents > Qlik > Sense but I have not been able to locate Geo related folders or any folders that contain geotable.

For now I can reconstruct the front end design in the new App I created, but I'd really appreciate to find a way to tweet the existing Apps, so I won't need to recreat all 20+ Apps that I have created and being used now... Thanks a lot for your help!

Miyako

vinieme12
Champion III
Champion III

Alternatively you can create  a new folder structure and then a new folder connection and then simply find and replace "lib://__GEO_TABLES"  with "lib:// new connection"

Vineeth Pujari
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please accept it as a Solution.
miyako_FLO
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi Vineeth,

Are you suggesting creating an empty strucutre and referring to this folder as new connection will resolve the error? As I wrote above a couple of times, I found neither _GEO_TABLES folder nor geo files such as countryGeo.qvd or countryAliase.qvd so I would expect Qlik would issue the same error if I simply let it refer to an emply folder.

Miyako

miyako_FLO
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Search by folder name 'DataPrepService' found the current location of countryGeo.qvd and countryAliasGeo.qvd.  For reference this is the path I found: C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\Programs\Qlik\Sense\DataPrepService

miyako_FLO
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

A year after I resolved the issue, my IT gave us a new computer again, and the same issue occurs to me. This time, I cannot find the location where Qlik stores __GEO files. Neither 'DataPrepService' no '__GEO*' are found in my c-drive and I am at loss. Is there anyone who knows the location where Qlik Sense Desktop currently stores these __GEO files?