Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Centralized Master Items List

Hello,

I am attempting to create Dimensions and Measures in a Master List. The problem is I want to create a centralized master list that can be accessed by multiple apps. Is there any way for me to do this?

My goal is to have a central master items list that when updated, it updates the master items list of all of my other applications.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

What you could do is use the engine api to extract the master items from an app, and then use the engine api to add them to other apps.  That is possible.  I haven't done it, but it's possible.

I recommend starting here: http://help.qlik.com/sense/2.0/en-us/developer/#../Subsystems/EngineAPI/Content/WorkingWithAppsAndVi...

jg

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Not applicable
Author

As of right now, master items for libraries are per application.  What you can do is create a version of the application as a template.  Use this version as the copy you make changes to.  When you want to update the other apps using the same library, publish this template replacing the existing apps already published.

Sheets that exist in the Community area, and My Sheets for users will not be overwritten during this publish event. 

jg

Not applicable
Author

Do you think any of the API's would be capable of creating a centralized master items list, or is it also not possible there?

Not applicable
Author

What you could do is use the engine api to extract the master items from an app, and then use the engine api to add them to other apps.  That is possible.  I haven't done it, but it's possible.

I recommend starting here: http://help.qlik.com/sense/2.0/en-us/developer/#../Subsystems/EngineAPI/Content/WorkingWithAppsAndVi...

jg

Alexander_Thor
Employee
Employee

I have built some small utilities like that for personal use using the Engine API. It was quite rudimentary but it's fairly simple, then again I did not have that many apps where I could re-use measures across apps due to set analysis and case sensitive field names.

Not applicable
Author

I would love to look it over if that is at all possible.

adriennn
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Hello, 

we've released MasterConfig, which is a Qlik sense extension which does what you want but not exactly in an automated way, it could be possible to automate this but for now, you must update the target applications by selecting them from a list, which isn't too bad 🙂 You can make an app that serves as the configuration app and update all your apps from there.

hth!

-adrien