cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rittermd
Master
Master

Change User Access

I originally setup some users as named users.  Turns out they are not using the system that much and we are getting tight on tokens.

So I want to change them from named users to login users and free up the named license.

What are the steps that I need to do in order to make this happen.

This is QS 3.0

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

You can deallocate a token on the fly. The token will be quarantined if it has been used in the last 7 days. The user won't be quarantined, the token is. The user can use an login pass if one is available.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

See the online help page: Deallocating user access ‒ Qlik Sense

rittermd
Master
Master
Author

Not sure that answers my questions.

So you can't just change a user access from named user to login access on the fly?

If I deallocate a user and they are still active in Qlik what happens?  Are they locked out for 7 days while in quarantine?

I am not just removing a user from the system.  I want to change the type of token they use.

Thanks

Gysbert_Wassenaar

You can deallocate a token on the fly. The token will be quarantined if it has been used in the last 7 days. The user won't be quarantined, the token is. The user can use an login pass if one is available.

rittermd
Master
Master
Author

Thanks.

Levi_Turner
Employee
Employee

Be sure to also edit any rules which were in effect which will route the user back to the user access pass.

rittermd
Master
Master
Author

Thanks Levi