cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reko_freed
Contributor III
Contributor III

Change Y axis labels

I want to show the Y axis labels as billions, millions and thousands, I have applied a formula for a measure using dual function so the labels shows previously for an e.g., 1.4G, 2G now it shows 1.4B, 2B as I wanted, now Bar labels looks good with this change but Y axis remains the same. I have added an image for better understanding - 

Please help me to change the Y axis just like the bar labels

Reko_freed_0-1668518288391.png

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Vishal_Gupta
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

@Reko_freed Rather than changing number format using expression maybe you can try changing the default number format Qlik uses that will apply to whole dashboard.

When you got load script and see 'Main' section which is very section, there you will see on line number 23

SET NumericalAbbreviation='3:k;6:M;9:G;12:T;15:P;18:E;21:Z;24:Y;-3:m;-6:μ;-9:n;-12:p;-15:f;-18:a;-21:z;-24:y';

Change 9:G to 9:B and then you keep your number formatting in the front end to Auto.

Refer this link for more dteails

Qlik Sense: Default number-abbreviation format for... - Qlik Community - 1716310

If a post helps to resolve your issue, please accept it as a SOLUTION and leave a LIKE!

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Mark_Little
Luminary
Luminary

Hi
can you share what you are doing in the Duel? Do you actual change the number returned from the measure? Everytime i do this i change the value so the Y axis changes automatically
Reko_freed
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Yes sir, sure - 

Reko_freed_0-1668523414010.png

sir I got stuck, please help

Reko_freed
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

few more info - 

number formatting set to - measure expression

Reko_freed
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi sir, @Mark_Little  please help, actually tomorrow I have my dashboard showcase, and I need to sort this out any way. If someone else is reading please do not ignore I beg you.

Vishal_Gupta
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Have you tried doing these changes in the default variables?

Vishal_Gupta_0-1668626256168.png

If a post helps to resolve your issue, please accept it as a SOLUTION and leave a LIKE!
Reko_freed
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Vishal Gupta, Actually, I am new to Qlik. Would you mind If I ask you to elaborate a bit more, I am not aware of all the options and features it offers.

Vishal_Gupta
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

@Reko_freed Rather than changing number format using expression maybe you can try changing the default number format Qlik uses that will apply to whole dashboard.

When you got load script and see 'Main' section which is very section, there you will see on line number 23

SET NumericalAbbreviation='3:k;6:M;9:G;12:T;15:P;18:E;21:Z;24:Y;-3:m;-6:μ;-9:n;-12:p;-15:f;-18:a;-21:z;-24:y';

Change 9:G to 9:B and then you keep your number formatting in the front end to Auto.

Refer this link for more dteails

Qlik Sense: Default number-abbreviation format for... - Qlik Community - 1716310

Reko_freed
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks a ton, it worked