This field is required.
Only these extensions are allowed(.jpg, .JPG, .jpeg, .JPEG, .gif, .GIF, .png, .PNG)
Tags cannot contain the characters ' /, \\, #, ?, or ; >,< '
Only these extensions are allowed(.zip,.ZIP,.pdf,.PDF,.qvf,.QVF,.qvw,.QVW)
If you’re new to Qlik Sense, start with this Discussion Board and get up-to-speed quickly.
Just wondering if I could change the password for the repository databse?
For example I installed the repository databse without password and I would like to add password to it.
You could try the following:
1. Stop Qlik Sense Repository Service (this should stop all other services as well, except Qlik Sense Repository Database service)
2. Stop Qlik Sense Repository Database service
3. Go to ProgramData\Qlik\Sense\Repository\PostgreSQL\9.3
4. Backup pg_hba.conf and postgresql.conf in the above location
5. Open pg_hba.conf in notepad (or similar)
6. Change the METHOD from md5 to trust in the entry for IPv4:
# TYPE DATABASE USER ADDRESS METHOD
host all all 127.0.0.1/32 md5
7. Open postgresql.conf in notepad
8. Locate #listen_addresses and remove the #-sign to uncomment the line, listen_addresses = 'localhost'.
9. Start Qlik Sense Repository Database service (only this!)
10. Go to Program Files\Qlik\Sense\Repository\PostgreSQL\9.3\bin
11. Enter the following command to connect to Postgre
psql -h 127.0.0.1 -p 4432 -U postgres
12. In the postgres=# prompt, enter the following SQL command to reset the password
alter user postgres with encrypted password 'MyNewPassword';
13. Stop Qlik Sense Repository Database service
14. Replace the files pga_hba.conf and postgresql.conf with the backups created in .4
15. Start Qlik Sense Repository Database service
16. Start Qlik Sense Repository Service and the other Qlik Sense services
As a precaution I recommend creating a DB backup before performing the above steps. Look into the Online help for instructions on how to backup the DB
View solution in original post
Thanks for your quick response. It seems working, at the moment on the central node. Only question is - will it replicate to the rim node too or I need to do the same changes on the rim node?
Thank you Björn. This worked for me as well.
Hi sorry I think I misunderstood this step:
8. locate #listen_addresses and remove the # from listen_addresses = 'localhost'
In my postgresql.conf i found:
but if i remove any of this the Qlik Sense Repository Database service does not starts, is this what we are supposed to remove?
NOTE: I can't find the entry # from listen_addresses = 'localhost'
I have been trying your post. But i cannot start the Rep Database after i've made this changes...
Anything else i can try?
To clarify (to others as well), you're uncommenting the line by removing the #-sign from the line listen_addresses. You're not supposed to remove the whole line, only the #-sign infront of it.
trust not equal TRUST
Thanks Michele for pointing it out. Updated it for future references.
I do not find the file pg_hba.conf on the Qlik Sense server
All I see are 3 folders bin, lib and share