Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
qliksensetd
Contributor II
Contributor II

Change data point in linechart from day to week.

Hello,

I have created a line chart with 2 dimensions and one measure. The measure is a count of how many calls are made by each team. The two dimensions are the teams and date of the made calls. See attachment for the screenshot of the line chart.

When I switch Data Point 'ON' the are shown per day. That is correct because the calls are logged per day.

However this makes the chart very crowded.

Is there a way to set the data point per week instead of per day without aggerating days to week?

I am using Qlik sense server:13.32.16.

Many Thanksdatapoints.PNG

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
qliksensetd
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi all,

I found a better solution by creating master measure with a drill down. Now you can see the datapoint per week. The users can drill down further tinder it par day.

thanks for your time.

View solution in original post

Or
MVP
MVP

Glad you found a solution you're happy with, but it isn't at all what you originally asked for... using "Week" as a dimension will aggregate by week.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Or
MVP
MVP

I'm confused: How do you expect the chart to look and what are the values going to be? If you want the values by week, you need some sort of aggregation (sum, average, etc) OR you need to only show every seventh day (which isn't aggregation but is a subset of the original).

qliksensetd
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi,

I want to show every seventh day. 

As An example:
I want to see only a data point on manday which represent the Total count for that day. 

How can i archieve that in qlik sens?

thanks

Or
MVP
MVP

I don't have a Qlik engine handy, but you can get every 7th day using something like:

if(Mod(Date-Min(Total Date),7)>0,0,1)*Sum(YourValue)

Not the prettiest thing but should work assuming you actually have values for all dates (no missing values), which your example seems to. This could be cleaned up, I'm sure, but I have no Qlik engine to try and do that right now.

You could also restrict your data to a specific weekday if you wanted e.g. using set analysis, but this means you may not start on the first day of the selected period.

Finally, you may be able to use RowNo() here to achieve the same result as I suggested above but without the extra mess. I'm not sure and as mentioned, I am not currently able to check..

qliksensetd
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi Or,

I really appreciate your help.

I tried your first expression but it gave me 'error in expression'. I tried to solve it with no luck.( Pls bare with me as I am a newbe within the Qlik sense world.)

To specify more what I want to archieve is that every Monday a datapoint is shown. Even if the value is 0.

I think your first option is the way to go.

Thanks

qliksensetd
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi all,

I found a better solution by creating master measure with a drill down. Now you can see the datapoint per week. The users can drill down further tinder it par day.

thanks for your time.

Or
MVP
MVP

Glad you found a solution you're happy with, but it isn't at all what you originally asked for... using "Week" as a dimension will aggregate by week.

qlikcook
Contributor III
Contributor III

You mind sharing this master measure? 🙂

Would be helpful to see the actual solution.