Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Changes made by mashup through browser are not reflected in the Qlik Sense Desktop

Hi,

I have a mashup which updates the formula of any measure/dimension or even script using Engine API. But the problem is that any change I make is not reflected automatically in the Qlik Sense until I open one of the sheets and refresh it manually.

Initially, when I started developing the mashup, in order to see any changes I made, I had to restart the Qlik Sense Desktop every time. But now I circumvented this problem by programmatically closing the app. But then it emanated a new issue which is opening any of the sheets and refreshing it manually. This will immediately update the Qlik Sense.

Here is a snippet of code I am using for my mashup:

1. GetObject('abcdef'); // Engine API (Let's suppose 'abcdef' represents a combo-chart)

2. GetFullPropertyTree( ); // Engine API

3. SetFullPropertyTree( ); // Engine API

4. DoSave( ); // Engine API

5. app.close( ); // App API (This line prevents Qlik Sense Desktop from being restarted every time I make any change)

Note:

1. Tool -> Qlik Sense Desktop November 2017 release

2. I am not creating any session object during the update

3. Even though changes are not reflected in the Qlik Sense, visualization objects in the mashup get updated immediately

Questions:

1. Is the statement app.close( ) redundant?

2. How to see the changes immediately in Qlik Sense when I execute statements 1 to 4?

3. Is there anything I am missing or not aware of?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Regards,

Pradeep

7 Replies
Chanty4u
MVP
MVP

did you delete the cache after the changes ?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I didn't clear the cache after the changes. Could you tell me how to do that?

Chanty4u
MVP
MVP

browser cache delete

which browser you are using?

if googlechrome --  Cntrl+H   -- history left side you will find the clear browsing history . then relogin the portal.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Ok, you are referring to browser's cache. I am using Chrome.

Chanty4u
MVP
MVP

yes do the same as i mentioned and see

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I believe I figured it out which is causing the issue.

Since I am using app.close() after every change, I replaced the call with qlik.openApp() and both Qlik Sense and mashup get updated immediately.

Thanks @Chanty for your assistance

Regards,

Pradeep

Chanty4u
MVP
MVP

Nice it worked   please close the thread by making correct/helpful answers.  it may help to othrs while searching on same issue.