Qlik Community

New to Qlik Sense

Discussion board where members can get started with Qlik Sense.

4cdecisionpdas
New Contributor II

Changes made by mashup through browser are not reflected in the Qlik Sense Desktop

Hi,

I have a mashup which updates the formula of any measure/dimension or even script using Engine API. But the problem is that any change I make is not reflected automatically in the Qlik Sense until I open one of the sheets and refresh it manually.

Initially, when I started developing the mashup, in order to see any changes I made, I had to restart the Qlik Sense Desktop every time. But now I circumvented this problem by programmatically closing the app. But then it emanated a new issue which is opening any of the sheets and refreshing it manually. This will immediately update the Qlik Sense.

Here is a snippet of code I am using for my mashup:

1. GetObject('abcdef'); // Engine API (Let's suppose 'abcdef' represents a combo-chart)

2. GetFullPropertyTree( ); // Engine API

3. SetFullPropertyTree( ); // Engine API

4. DoSave( ); // Engine API

5. app.close( ); // App API (This line prevents Qlik Sense Desktop from being restarted every time I make any change)

Note:

1. Tool -> Qlik Sense Desktop November 2017 release

2. I am not creating any session object during the update

3. Even though changes are not reflected in the Qlik Sense, visualization objects in the mashup get updated immediately

Questions:

1. Is the statement app.close( ) redundant?

2. How to see the changes immediately in Qlik Sense when I execute statements 1 to 4?

3. Is there anything I am missing or not aware of?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Regards,

Pradeep

7 Replies
sureshqv
Esteemed Contributor III

Re: Changes made by mashup through browser are not reflected in the Qlik Sense Desktop

did you delete the cache after the changes ?

4cdecisionpdas
New Contributor II

Re: Changes made by mashup through browser are not reflected in the Qlik Sense Desktop

I didn't clear the cache after the changes. Could you tell me how to do that?

sureshqv
Esteemed Contributor III

browser cache delete

which browser you are using?

if googlechrome --  Cntrl+H   -- history left side you will find the clear browsing history . then relogin the portal.

4cdecisionpdas
New Contributor II

Ok, you are referring to browser's cache. I am using Chrome.

sureshqv
Esteemed Contributor III

yes do the same as i mentioned and see

4cdecisionpdas
New Contributor II

I believe I figured it out which is causing the issue.

Since I am using app.close() after every change, I replaced the call with qlik.openApp() and both Qlik Sense and mashup get updated immediately.

Thanks @Chanty for your assistance

Regards,

Pradeep

sureshqv
Esteemed Contributor III

Nice it worked   please close the thread by making correct/helpful answers.  it may help to othrs while searching on same issue.

Community Browser