Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Community Office Hours, March 20th. Former Talend Community users, ask your questions live. SIGN UP
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Changes to the selections tool

Hi again,

Here is another improvement suggestion from me.

The Selection tool is a great tool in Qlik Sense. In Qlikview I always created fieldlists for quick selection or fieldlists inside containers inside other containers when you had alot of dimensions in one app. In Qlik Sense there is no room for fieldlists on the sheet, and they are tucked away nicely inside the selections tool. In my opinion, the current selections should not be there taking up space, they should have it's own shortcut with only the current selections as a seperate tool.

My suggestion is to add some way to group and order the dimensions in the selection tool. Why not use the tag attribute that's already on the dimension. The group(tag) names could be at the top like a bookmarkfield, under that, where the current selections today are that's where the grouped dimensions should show up. The bottom section can show all fields and dimensions as it does today.

There should be 2 groups that show up first if there are dimension tagged with "app" or a sheets name. App and Current Sheet, after that all other tags get their own group. The "app" tagged contains common dimensions used throughout the app and Current Sheet are dimension specific for the sheet. Current Sheet dimensions should be default group to be showing if their are any dimensions using that tag, othwerwise the App group should be used.

App     KPI Dashboard     Products     Customers      Orders etc          -When using the tool on KPI Dashboard sheet

App     Sales Analysis      Products     Customers      Orders etc          -When using the tool on Sales Analysis sheet

And there should be a way to sort the dimensions inside a group just by dragging them. The groups inside the "bookmarkfield" should also be rearrangable.

Date selections should use the calendar selections tool I proposed in another post.

Grouping with tags should also be implemented in the assets library for fields and master items.

Cheers

Karl

3 Replies
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hello Karl - we appreciate your feedback and take our members suggestions seriously, the information outlined in this  discussion was logged with our R&D system.

Regards,

Mike T

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
andy
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi Mike,

Have the R&D done anything more to this than put it in a log for the last 2½ years?

The improvements suggested by Karl are highly wanted.

/Andreas

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi Andreas - sorry for the long delay - I found this item lost in my follow-up folder - I have inquired with our PM team.

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik