Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mhmmd_srf
Creator II
Creator II

Changing Chart Type using Toggle Button

Hi All,

Hope you people are doing great.

I have a toggle button. Using that I need change the chart Type. Line Chart to Table OR Table to Line Chart.

Can anyone please suggest me how can I achieve this?

Thanks,

Sarif

6 Replies
Not applicable

You can achieve this simply by creating both in the same co-ordinates in the dashboard and set values to a variable for your toggle button and show / hide chart/table correspondingly.

-James

mhmmd_srf
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Can you please elaborate it more. As I am new to Qlik Sense it would be helpfull.

Thanks in advance.

Sarif

ogster1974
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

You can't do it out the box in sense if you want this kind of functionality id suggest you download the tabbing extension from qlik branch and use the tabs instead of a toggle button.

I've not used the extension yet but sounds like it would do what you need.

Regards

Andy

MK9885
Master II
Master II

What you're looking for is 'Fast Change' functionality in Qlik Sense. This is only available in Qlik View but not Qlik Sense.

Even the Tab extension will you give a view like container but not actually hide the chart.

Tab extension will be like below image and you've to add the charts to Master Items to enable those tabs. But I don't think this is exactly like Fast Change.

Tab.png

stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

I know that this is an old thread, but the functionality that you are referring to can now be achieved in the June 2017 release of Qlik Sense, by creating Alternative Visualisations.  These allow you to toggle between different objects in the same grid space, using expressions.

You may like to combine that with toggle buttons, as described here:

https://www.quickintelligence.co.uk/toggle-buttons-qlik-sense/