Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Changing excel sheet data once loaded in qlik

Hi,

I want to change the excel sheet data which I have already uploaded in Qlik.The number of rows and columns are same I just wanted to replace existing variables with new variable so that the visualisation automatically changes .

10 Replies
karthikoffi27se
Creator III
Creator III

Hi Ankit,

Can you share an example please.

You can use the define the variable and then call the variable in button and the dynamically change the data.

Many Thanks

Karthik

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hey Ankit,

It's not quite clear what you would like help with. Do you want to reload your dashboard with new data from an updated excel file? Or do you need help in modifying an expression for a chart? Please provide more details and, if possible, include a screenshot of what you would like to change. Thanks!

kumarkp412
Creator II
Creator II

Hi Ankit,

Can you elaborate your question. It was something confusion .

Thanks

Not applicable
Author

Hi All,

I just want to replace the older excel sheet data with new updated excel sheet.The number of rows and columns everything is same in the older and new data. However few values are getting updated and I want the dashboard to automatically update accordingly .

All,I am concerned about is after uploading the new data will the charts and graph change accordingly to the new data.I want the charts and graph to change as I upload the new data.

Thanks,

Ankit

Not applicable
Author

Hi ,

I want to reload your dashboard with new data from an updated excel file.

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

I deleted the older data and added the new data in the sheet and I get this error that data not loaded because error in scripts please correct script in data load editor and update the data.

I am not sure why this is coming

danansell42
Creator III
Creator III

As long as the field (column) names haven't changed your charts should update to reflect the new data once dashboard has been reloaded

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

I deleted the older data and added the new data in the sheet and I get this error that data not loaded because error in scripts please correct script in data load editor and update the data.

I am not sure why this is coming .I am not sure if i am uploading the data correctly

danansell42
Creator III
Creator III

can you share the script?

Could be anything