Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chart colours with Set Expression

Hi,

I have a line chart showing a KPI across years.  It uses a full load of data from 5 DHBs.  There is one line for all DHBs using the set expression

avg({<DHB=>} LOS)

and another line using

avg({<DHB={'A'}>} LOS)

The chart works as expected, but I'd like to change its colours.  At the moment the "all DHBs" line is pale blue and the A line is pale red - these are automatic colours.

If I use custom colours by expression, something like

if([DRG] = 'A', red(), RGB(179,179,179))

which worked before I used set expressions, both lines are grey.

Is this because DHB 'A' is included in the 'All DHBs' set?

Is there anything I can do about it?

Thanks!

Steve

14 Replies
sunny_talwar

Do you want to color only the second line? Not sure your requirement is clear as to what you are looking to do?

Anil_Babu_Samineni

I assume, You may use Color which already built in Color Tab from properties of that chart? There you have to customize the Color Code Color functions ‒ QlikView

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks, Sunny

Sorry for the lack of clarity: I want to colour the 'A' line red, and either leave the 'All' line grey or force it to be grey.

That way the coloured selection stands out against the lighter one.

Regards,

Steve

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks, Anil,

Yes, the chart can be coloured with the standard colours - I just want to change them...

Anil_Babu_Samineni

May be check here

Capture.PNG

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I don't think that Qlik Sense Desktop has that method; it looks very clever...

We do have the ability to specify colours, but they aren't working (using the method I've used in the past).

Thanks,

Steve

Anil_Babu_Samineni

I apologies, That's my fault

Will you able to share the screen, and can you tell us whether where we need to change i mean which line that may helps to understand rather than Functional

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Let's see whether I can do this:

First, I have a simple chart.  Colours are selected automatically:

Then I tried to colour the lines: if the DHB is A, use a deeper red, otherwise grey:

The expression is

if(DHB = 'A',RGB(178,36,36),RGB(179,179,179))

Sadly, I got this:

so my expression didn't work.

I have used

if(DHB = 'B' , argb(125,0,0,255) ,

if(DHB = 'C', argb(125,0,255,0) ,

if(DHB = 'D', argb(125,255,0,0) ,

if(DHB = 'E', ARGB(125,0,255,255),

if(DHB = 'A',RGB(178,36,36))))))

and the result was

so I know the method works - bit I think it might be tripping up when DHB 'A' is part of the whole.

Thanks,

Steve

Anil_Babu_Samineni

May be data points are more for DHB - A. Can you check over there? Because of color the line won't effect. And We really don't know which is for which color. The Red color is for A? I am sorry to question you?