Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
arturmesquitab
Contributor
Contributor

Chart dimension selecting KPI even with set analysis

Hello,

I have a KPI with the following expression:

count({<[Status]={'Active'},Month=>} user_id)

Also a bar chart where:

• Dimension: Month
  • Measure: count(user_id)

And finally a filter for the dimension Month.

When one of the months is selected in the filter, the KPI is not affected, as expected with the set analysis. But when I do it in the bar chart, the KPI is affected. Isn't it supposed to have the same behavior as the filter pane?

13 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

You already restricted the Month field in analysis. Where you can try this as well

Count({1} user_id)

Or

Either you can try this using Work around?

Load Month as %Month From Table;

And use %Month as your List box and start select and it won't effect to selection panel as it will disable.

Please add me Anil_Babu_Samineni to interact faster when reply back. Speak low think High.

Before develop something, think If placed (The Right information | To the right people | At the Right time | In the Right place | With the Right context)
arturmesquitab
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Yes, I did, but that's why I don't understand: why is bar chart selection affecting the KPI?

juraj_misina
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi Artur,

when making selections in filter pane vs. bar chart, are you selecting exact same months? No other selections or dimensions in that bar chart? Plus, what version of Qlik Sense are you using?

Juraj

rangam_s
Creator II
Creator II

Have you used same field as dimension in bar-chart?

arturmesquitab
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Yes, as described in the question

arturmesquitab
Contributor
Contributor
Author

I cannot give your the information about the version right now, but I think it's the one right after the June 2017 Patch 1.

So, the dimensions are the same and no other selection has been made. Also, when I select one bar, qliksense shows a selection applied to the field [Month], which is the same dimension present in the KPI and the bar chart.

arturmesquitab
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Just got the information about the version: June 2018, 12.26.01

PrashantSangle

Hi,

Can you provide  little bit more information about your both chart

Chart 1 : dimension, measure(with expression)

Chart 2 : dimension, Measure(with expression)

List box on which you are selecting data.

also, If possible share screen shot of charts

Regards,

Great dreamer's dreams never fulfilled, they are always transcended.
Please appreciate our Qlik community members by giving Kudos for sharing their time for your query. If your query is answered, please mark the topic as resolved 🙂
juraj_misina
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi Artur,

if you have a possibility, test the app on a different version and see if this occurs on different version as well. I did not work much with June 2018 so far, but I hear it can show some unexpected behavior...

Juraj