Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chart title to reference the measure being viewed

I have a chart with a measure and 2 alternative measures.  I would like to make the chart title reference the measure being selected so the user would know what they are viewing.  Can this be incorporated in the title as an expression?

5 Replies
marcus_sommer

That's not possible because there is no function which could query which expression is active.

Alternatives could be to transfer these expression into calculated dimensions which could be queried per getcurrentfield() or probably easier to use variables as expression which are switched per selections or variables and where the selection - getfieldselection() - or the variable-value could be used for the title.

I think this will be helpful for you: User Controlled Charts In QlikView

- Marcus

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks!  I'll look into your suggestions.

Do you know if there is a way to reference the Y-axis?  Same intent, but phrasing it differently.

marcus_sommer

I think it's the same like above - by using dimension-groups or variables you could otherwise you couldn't.

- Marcus

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Got it!  So much to learn here... & thanks for the help!!

PaulG1
Contributor
Contributor

I was not able to get this to work.       Having the measure name as the title is the default behavior in QlikView 
I would like the measure name to show as the title.  

Having the measure name on the y-axis is too hard to see,   the font is too small and I don't see a way to increase it.  Also it is written sideways and having it horizontal would use too much space.