Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
D19PAL
Creator II
Creator II

Checking Number of rows in QVDs and original Source

Hi,

Just say I pulled data every day a snapshot of 00:00:00 to 23:59:59 from Table A  and I wanted a few checks to give me the confidence of a say checklist like this.

Checks are if Rows and Sales from Original Source Match.  1 if Match and 0 if no Match.  If 0, the Qlik Developer gets an Email.

Date : Rows in Original Source : Rows in QVD : Rows Check : Total Sales in Original Source : Total Sales QVD : Sales Check

01/01/2023 : 25 : 25 : 1 : 25000 : 25000 : 1

02/01/2023 : 45 : 45 : 1 : 45000 : 6700 : 0

How would I go by doing this?

Thanks

Or is there something already set up to do this?

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

In QS SaaS, I expect you could build something using Qlik Application Automation (QAA). 

The Qlik Catalog product, when it was NodeGraph, had a testing facility to do just what you asked. I don't know if that is included in the current Catalog product. Maybe someone who knows will chime in. 

For QSEoW, you could build something in script that issues a SQL SELECT to get row counts and Sum(). You can do the same against the QVD and compare the two.  To send the email you would need Qlik Alerting or some other technique such as https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-Sense-Documents/Qlik-Sense-App-Send-Data-From-The-Load-Script/ta-...

-Rob

View solution in original post

3 Replies
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Qlik Sense on Windows or Qlik Sense SaaS?

-Rob

D19PAL
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi,

I guess both as I'm using QS on Windows now but will at some point need the same for QS SaaS.

Thanks

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

In QS SaaS, I expect you could build something using Qlik Application Automation (QAA). 

The Qlik Catalog product, when it was NodeGraph, had a testing facility to do just what you asked. I don't know if that is included in the current Catalog product. Maybe someone who knows will chime in. 

For QSEoW, you could build something in script that issues a SQL SELECT to get row counts and Sum(). You can do the same against the QVD and compare the two.  To send the email you would need Qlik Alerting or some other technique such as https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-Sense-Documents/Qlik-Sense-App-Send-Data-From-The-Load-Script/ta-...

-Rob