Qlik Community

New to Qlik Sense

Discussion board where members can get started with Qlik Sense.

Not applicable

Clicking of a graph affects another graph

Hi All,

Can anyone help me sort this issue pls. I have had this issue but tried the same thing i did then to resolve the issue, but it still persists. I have to two line graphs on a sheet, when i click a button on one of the graph and a click a button on  the other graph, it influences and inflates the figures on the first clicked graph. Please help!! sunnystalwar1‌ @omar ben Salem

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MVP
MVP

Re: Clicking of a graph affects another graph

I think the issue is not the data... it is the sorting which changed because you used this expression

match([RESOLVE_TIME],'May-16','Jun-16','Jul-16','Aug-16','Sep-16','Oct-16','Nov-16','Dec-16','Jan-17','Feb-17','Mar-17','Apr-17','May-17','Jun-17')

try to change it to this

match(Only({1}[RESOLVE_TIME]),'May-16','Jun-16','Jul-16','Aug-16','Sep-16','Oct-16','Nov-16','Dec-16','Jan-17','Feb-17','Mar-17','Apr-17','May-17','Jun-17')

9 Replies
Not applicable

MVP
MVP

Would you be able to share your app to show the issue?

omarbensalem
Esteemed Contributor

The button in the second chart is a dimension; suppose it's Month field dimension.

To prevent it from affecting the first chart; add to your measure (of the first chart) Month=

exp:

sum({<Month=>}sales)

Not applicable

Please find the attached. Its the "Life science cloud Dashboard" sheet. Thanks

Not applicable

Hi Omar,

Thanks for replying. Tried it but still not working.

Not applicable

You can find the app attached above, Thanks

MVP
MVP

I think the issue is not the data... it is the sorting which changed because you used this expression

match([RESOLVE_TIME],'May-16','Jun-16','Jul-16','Aug-16','Sep-16','Oct-16','Nov-16','Dec-16','Jan-17','Feb-17','Mar-17','Apr-17','May-17','Jun-17')

try to change it to this

match(Only({1}[RESOLVE_TIME]),'May-16','Jun-16','Jul-16','Aug-16','Sep-16','Oct-16','Nov-16','Dec-16','Jan-17','Feb-17','Mar-17','Apr-17','May-17','Jun-17')

Not applicable

Genius you are!!!. What does the ONLY function do pls??

MVP
MVP

Its not the Only which did the trick, its actually the set analysis {1} which ignore any or all selections. The reason I had to use Only was because I cannot use set analysis without some kind of aggregation....