Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MehdiFaleh
Contributor II
Contributor II

Client authentication Link

Hello QLik Community

I have installed a new instance of Qlik Sense entrprise with 10 users (1 Professional and  9 Analyzer)

so all is good until now 

i decidede to configure the virtual proxies so the users can access their accounts from qlik sense desktop

virtual proxies > authentication Link > uri  "https://217.xx.xx.xx/ 

and i add a freindly name 

my problem  : when i use the client authentication link and connect to qlik sense desktop 

with admin user it shows nothing (no streams ,no apps)

and with analyzer user it says  "you cannot access the selected hub, as you cannot have any access credentials"

thanks 

Labels (1)
4 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

As far as I know you cannot see the hub of a Qlik Sense Enterprise in Qlik Sense Desktop. The Client Authentication link is meant to let users with an account in your QSE also use Qlik Sense Desktop. But they will only see their own local apps and not the streams and apps of your QSE environment.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
MehdiFaleh
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Spoiler

The client authentication link is used also for the mobile app  qlik sense you ca visualize your  apps from mobile app and qlik sense desktop also it allows the offline access

Thanks

Gysbert_Wassenaar

The Qlik Sense Mobile app can download apps for offline usage. Qlik Sense Desktop can not since it can not access any Qlik Sense Enterprise at all except for the authentication link.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
MehdiFaleh
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thank you @Gysbert_Wassenaar  i think i missunderstand the meaning of the client authentication link i thought that i can use it in the qlik sense deskto the same way as the browser and it gives the option to publish , create apps  and display streams 

Thanks .