Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Close app tab in Windows 10

I am running Qlik Sense Desktop on Windows 10, which opens in Microsoft Edge. I can open an app within Qlik Sense, but can't close it using the tab's 'X' icon; I have to close Qlick Sense to get out of it.  Any solution to this problem?

Thanks in advance.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

6 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Do you actually want to use Edge?

Windows 10 also provides Internet Explorer 11 as an option for the web, may be worth using that

Goto the Cortana box (Search) in the lower left corner and type Internet and the Desktop App should be presented, paste it on the Taskbar and it will be available whenever you want.

Not applicable
Author

Leslie, thanks for the reply.

I downloaded Qlik Sense Desktop 2.1.1 and installed it on Windows 10 Pro.  When I start Qlick Sense Desktop, it opens Qlik Sense Desktop Hub, which appears as a window within the Qlik Sense Desktop window, so I stand corrected, re: the browser.

The problem remains, however, in that I can open an app (I'm looking at the sample apps that come with the installation (e.g., Sales Discovery)), but I'm not able to close the app using the 'X' icon in the app's tab. Also, if I open the app and then go to the Hub using the navigation icon (the leftmost icon on the menu bar), I can't return to the open app.  These functions work as expected in Windows 7 Pro.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello,

Windows 10 is not supported yet. Page 9.

https://help.qlik.com/sense/1.1/en-us/pdf/Installation%20Guide.pdf

BR

Serhan

Not applicable
Author

Thank you.

Not applicable
Author

Hi again

over the weekend I played again with QlikSense on my Win 10 laptop and experienced similar problems, so did the following:

Uninstalled QlikSense

Went to Program Data and deleted all Qlik directories (I had QlikSemse and QlikView originally)

Went to Users/me/appsdata/local/programs and deleted qlik folders

rebooted

downloaded the QlikSense install file and changed the properties to Compatible with Windows 8

installed QlikSense

Went to users/me/appsdata/programs/qlik/qliksense and changed the properties of qliksense.exe to compatible with windows 8

rebooted

and now it seems to work

Not sure if I needed to reboot so often, provided time for tea 🙂

Leslie

Not applicable
Author

Hello.  I apologize for the delay in my response.  Thanks for the tip.  I'll certainly give it a try.  And, I'll keep the tea ready, too!

Best Regards!

Gary