Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Coding expressions for Qlik Sense Objects by User Access?

Hello,

Is it possible to code in an object's expression (like viewing a certain product segment) based upon user access? By object, I mean scatter plot etc...

Thanks,

10 Replies
OmarBenSalem

Can you be specific?

MK9885
Master II
Master II

Yes, I guess you are talking about Ad-Hoc App?

The user would be given Read/Write access to the app and it's objects.

This can be further extended by defining  security rules and only give write access to particular objects.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Sure,

I am coding reference lines for a scatter plot and we have segmented users based on product segment. When they login, they normally probably wont use the filter pane. So, I was wondering if I can code it a certain way to have the default (no selections made) be filtered on certain objects based on their user access?

example of a reference line expression here....so by default they have a threshold on their scatter plot at a certain point.

Thanks,

If([User]='XXXX', .5)

OmarBenSalem

If I fully understand you, you have list of users that have access to an app; and you want to have a certain chart, here every user, depend on its id maybe, will se only some 'regions' ?

for tthat, you have to have a table containing liste of users and their  regions, product segment to see in your case

Imagine I have this script:

load * Inline [

Region, Sales

1, 500

2, 300

3, 1000

];

load * Inline [

Region, UT

1,YourUserID

2,YourUserID

];

then , in the varaibal editor, create a new variable and call it vUT : =subField( SubField( OSUser(),';',2),'=',2)  : this will return the userID present in the QMC

and in your chart, put your dimension; and as a measure:

sum({<UT={"$(vUT)"}>}yourExpression)

result:

Capture.PNG

OmarBenSalem

same approach, for the threshold;

a table in the script, with each userID and its threshold:

and as threshold:

sum({<UT={"$(vUT)"}>}threshold)

hope it's clear?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thank you sir! Yes, just edit the load editor as you described and create the variable as the lead-in to the expression, which basically pre-sorts the chart.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I assume I can list all the users we want in this region in the variable correct?

OmarBenSalem

Did it do the trick?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I have to wait a bit now to try it, but will mark correct as soon as we can.