Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
imrasyed
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Cognos cube to Qlik

Hi Experts,

I have reports generated on cognos which needs to be replicated in Qliksense.

Issue is :

cognos Package contains two Data Models which are not linked.One for Sales and the other for Inventory

On publishing User is able to see some Hierarchy Like All periods(Year,Quarter,Month),All Products....

When user is selecting Year and Measure from sales it is referrring to sales Datamodel .

Also when user is selecting a measure from inventory datamodel and  the year from same hierarchy then it is considering year from Inventory DM.

So my question is can we create a common Hierarcy and when user selects measure or dimension from specific DM then the output shd be from specific DM.

Please help me out.

Really Appreciate your help

4 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Perhaps this blog post helps: Fact Table with Mixed Granularity

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
imrasyed
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

DM.PNG

Hi Gysbert,Above is the Data model.Here they are not linked but cognos is generating the reports based on the user selection with the same hierarchy.For example I take territory dim and measure from first DM it gives the result from first DM and when i take territory dim and measure from 2nd model i get the result from second.How can we achieve this in qlik?

Gysbert_Wassenaar

By merging the two separate models into one model. The best way is probably to concatenate the fact tables into one fact table.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
imrasyed
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

ok Gysbert will try and check as mentioned.

Thanks