Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Color by Expression (Green - Red - Yellow)

Hello,

I have a color expression:

ColorMix2( (rank(total column(1))/(noofrows(TOTAL)/2))-1 ,green(), lightred(),yellow())

And it gives me the following (which I want):

But this is a drill-down and it's possible they'll keep clicking until there is only one bar. When there is only one bar - it defaults to the color red.

I don't want them to think that they were red so why did they change to red. Is there a way to write in the expression to default to a certain color with the drill-down?

18 Replies
sunny_talwar

How about this as your color expression:

ColorMix2((Rank(TOTAL

RangeSum(

Count({1<[LEVEL 0 COMPLETION]={"Y"}, [LEVEL 1 COMPLETION]={"Y"}, [LEVEL 3 COMPLETION]={"Y"}, [Position Code]={12,42}>}SID),

Count({1<[Sales Manager$.LEVEL 0 COMPLETION]={"Y"}, [Sales Manager$.LEVEL 1 COMPLETION]={"Y"}, [Sales Manager$.LEVEL 3 COMPLETION]={"Y"}, [Sales Manager$.Position Code]={04,41}>}[Sales Manager$.SID]),

Count({1<[Service Advisor$.LEVEL 0 COMPLETION]={"Y"}, [Service Advisor$.LEVEL 1 COMPLETION]={"Y"}, [Service Advisor$.LEVEL 3 COMPLETION]={"Y"}, [Service Advisor$.Position Code]={13,14,27,40}>}[Service Advisor$.SID]),

Count({1<[Service Manager$.LEVEL 0 COMPLETION]={"Y"}, [Service Manager$.LEVEL 1 COMPLETION]={"Y"}, [Service Manager$.LEVEL 3 COMPLETION]={"Y"}, [Service Manager$.Position Code]={08,09,17,32,33,35}>}[Service Manager$.SID])) /

RangeSum(

Count({1<[Position Code]={12,42}>}SID),

Count({1<[Sales Manager$.Position Code]={04,41}>}[Sales Manager$.SID]),

Count({1<[Service Advisor$.Position Code]={13,14,27,40}>}[Service Advisor$.SID]),

Count({1<[Service Manager$.Position Code]={08,09,17,32,33,35}>}[Service Manager$.SID]))

)/(NoOfRows(TOTAL)/2))-1, Green(), LightRed(), Yellow())

Not applicable
Author

That worked - Because there is the {1< does that mean all of the other BC will have to stay at the bottom when filtered on?

sunny_talwar

Not sure I understand your question. What is BC here?

Not applicable
Author

D - Southwest  or B - Northeast for example. It's keeping all the dimensions at the bottom instead of just the one with the color that I am filtered on.

sunny_talwar

What version of Qlik Sense are you using right now?

Not applicable
Author

sunny_talwar

I guess the issue should go away if you can upgrade to QS 3 and above.

Not applicable
Author

Okay. Thanks! Our company won't be doing that for a small period of time. Thanks for your help.

sunny_talwar

No problem