Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
data_RN
Creator
Creator

Color by dimension in Mekko Chart

Hello, 

I am looking for a bit of help with Mekko Charts.  I finally having it displaying all the data I need, but now I need to set the colors.  I want to display the color based on the dimension.  I have figured out how to set in all the other graphs except for this Mekko.  I want it by stage and yet, I can only seem to get variability with the   Color Schemes, but I want the colors I set in the Dimension.  Is this possible?

data_RN_0-1614024847103.png

Thanks as always for your awesome guidance...!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Sweta_Sharma
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi @data_RN ,

Mikko chart can be colored by dimension values by choosing dimension from drop down list in custom colors option-

Sweta_Sharma_0-1619185105935.png

Reference document-
https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/February2021/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Sense_Hub/Visualizations/Mekko...

Hope this help 🙂

If the issue is solved please mark the answer with Accept as Solution

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Sweta_Sharma
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi @data_RN ,

Mikko chart can be colored by dimension values by choosing dimension from drop down list in custom colors option-

Sweta_Sharma_0-1619185105935.png

Reference document-
https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/February2021/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Sense_Hub/Visualizations/Mekko...

Hope this help 🙂

If the issue is solved please mark the answer with Accept as Solution
data_RN
Creator
Creator
Author

Hello @Sweta_Sharma , 

Thanks for putting this out there.  I didn't accept this as a solution ,so not sure how that happened, but this doesn't answer my question.  I am trying to set the colors using the colors I have set in the dimension (see the upper left corner of my screenshot), but when selecting color by dimension I can only seem to select from the color schemes on the bottom right and they are not the colors I need.  Is there a way to set the colors in the formula?  Maybe this could override the color schemes?

Charlie1
Contributor
Contributor

I also have the exact same issue. Even when I choose a master dimension which has pre-set colours based on the values from the colour by dimension option it still stays as the first 2 colours from the 12 colours option. 

I have even tried putting into the expression editor if(Flag_Payment_Web='Web',Red(),Green()) to see if I can change the colours but no luck. Weirdly though when I do this expression and then hover over the chart it shows the % and value and then shows the RGB colour is set to 0,128,0 but it's still blue and not green 😞

Has anyone found a solution for this?? 

Neil_Southern
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

@Charlie1 We are hitting same issue in Nov 2021 , can anyone from Qlik @Sweta_Sharma acknowledge this is a bug in Nov 2021 ?