cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Color by expression for two different measure in a Combo Chart

Hi,

I have a combo Chart, with two measures and one dimension. I need to specify user-defined colors for each measure(it can be achieved by Color by expression, i guess),

How can i use a single expression to specific color to each measure in my visualization??

Attaching the screenshot of my existing visualization which uses default color, where measures are Actual and Budget respectively and Dimension is Month. (Using Qlik Sense 3.0)

Capture.PNG

15 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Welcome

Not applicable
Author

Bijoy,

I have the exact scenario like you had. I followed the steps mentioned, but unfortunately

C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\Programs\Qlik\Sense\Client\themes\sense\theme.json

C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\Programs\Qlik\Sense\Client\themes\bleak\theme.json

C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\Programs\Qlik\Sense\Client\assets\external\requirejs\require.js

I did not find the above path on my Qliksense desktop. All what I am seeing is

C:\Users\<User>\Documents\Qlik\Sense and no folder for Client

Can you please help me on this!!!!!

Thanks in advance for your inputs.

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

C:\Users\<user>\AppData\ .... folder is a hidden folder.

Make sure you can see hidden folder or simly type in navigation bar the path.

Regarding your question you have mentioned that you're doing it on desktop client.

I am not sure whether those files are installed with Qlik Sense server or Desktop as i have both installed on my computer and i cannot really tell. Give it a go and we will see.

hth

regards

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Not applicable
Author

Thanks lech.miszkiewicz

That helped. All I have to do is now edit the .json and .js scripts.

Appreciate your help.

sdaniels0606
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hello,

I saw you used the .js and .json files to change the color. Do you know if there is a way to edit the bar widht or delete the previsualization box?

I have been altering some values inside the files you posted but nothing works.

Thanks in advance.

Nikhil_Dhanawade
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Bijoy,

Is this solution can be applied to the cloud version instead of the desktop version? If yes how and where we get this JSON file and could you please post some pictures of that JSON file solution.