Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Color treemap by Expression

Hello Qlik Community,

I am using a treemap on QlikSense with two dimensions and one measure. I wanted to know if it was possible to color each rectangle of the treemap based on the measure.

Let's suppose that my first dimension is Country and my second dimension is City (please note that the dataset is only composed of 3 countries otherwise the treemap would become unmanageable). My measure is the sum of goods sold in each city.

So i would like to know if it was possible (if so, how?) to color each city based on the sum of goods sold?

For France, if the sum of goods sold in Paris is higher than 10 then color the rectangle for Paris in GREEN otherwise in RED

if the sum of goods sold in Lyon is higher than 20 then color the rectangle for Lyon in GREEN otherwise in RED

if the sum of goods sold in Toulouse is higher than 30 then color the rectangle for Toulouse in GREEN otherwise in RED

For Italy ,   if the sum of goods sold in Milan is higher than 65 then color the rectangle for Milan in GREEN otherwise in RED

if the sum of goods sold in Naples is higher than 50 then color the rectangle for Naples in GREEN otherwise in RED

if the sum of goods sold in Rome is higher than 25 then color the rectangle for Rome in GREEN otherwise in RED

For Germany, if the sum of goods sold in Berlin is higher than 10 then color the rectangle for Berlin in GREEN otherwise in RED

if the sum of goods sold in Dortmund is higher than 50 then color the rectangle for Dortmund in GREEN otherwise in RED

I have tried to do a nested if as shown below, unifortunately it only worked for Paris and Lyon and not for the rest:

if( city='Paris' and Sum(Sales)>10,rgb(24,212,137),
                if( city='Paris' and Sum(Sales)<10,rgb(165,25,36),
                     if( city='Lyon' and Sum(Sales)>20,rgb(24,212,137),
                          if( city='Lyon' and Sum(Sales)<10,rgb(165,25,36),
                              if( city='Toulouse' and Sum(Sales)>20,rgb(24,212,137),
                                  if( city='Toulouse' and Sum(Sales)<10,rgb(165,25,36),
                                    if( city='Milan' and Sum(Sales)>65,rgb(24,212,137),
                                         if( city='Milan' and Sum(Sales)<65,rgb(165,25,36),
                                              if( city='Naples' and Sum(Sales)>50,rgb(24,212,137),
                                                   if( city='Naples' and Sum(Sales)<50,rgb(165,25,36),
                                                       if( city='Rome' and Sum(Sales)>25,rgb(24,212,137),
                                                           if( city='Rome' and Sum(Sales)<25,rgb(165,25,36),
                                                             if( city='Berlin' and Sum(Sales)>10,rgb(24,212,137)
                                                                 if( city='Berlin' and Sum(Sales)<10,rgb(165,25,36),
                                                                    if( city='Dortmund' and Sum(Sales)>50,rgb(24,212,137),
                                                                        if( city='Dortmund' and Sum(Sales)<50,rgb(165,25,36)))))))))))))))))

Please if you have any idea or suggestions, it will be highly appreciated.

Thanks.

2 Replies
ogster1974
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

Try reducing the complexity of your expression by only checking for the red conditions then at the end if none are met then set to green rather than define each case.  Might make it easier to trouble shoot.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

thanks for the suggestion, will definitely look into it.