Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
igdrazil
Creator III
Creator III

Colouring by Dimension

Hi Community,

We're using the September 2017 Version of Qlik Sense Desktop and Enterprise. The Functionality of the Master Dimensions increased by a lot, BUT I think they aren't working properly at the moment.

When I create a Master Dimension, calculated via some if-clauses, I can use it just fine and it does deliver me the correct values, but the coloring does not work at all. When using the Master Dimension, every Dimension Value will be colored as the "Null"-Color.

My Dimension does look like the following:

if(dim = a OR dim = b, 'hub',

if(dim = c OR dim = d ... OR dim = m, 'CC', 'NA'))

The inner if-clause has 13 values.

For my Measure, I'm using a simple "count(distinct user_id)".

I can't provide a sample of data because it's company internal data that I am not allowed to share.

I hope anyone can help me on this.

Kind Regards

Chris

16 Replies
Patrik_Lundblad
Employee
Employee

Hi Christoph,

This has to do with a bug that is preliminary fixed in the November release.

When using a calculated dimension (fields from multiple tables) you get the gray result

When using fields on the fly (fields from the same table) it will work.

Hopefully this clears up the confussion.

Best regards,

Patrik.

igdrazil
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi Patrik,

Thank you for the reply.

The data I use for my master dimension is a single column in a table called user_data, where I just want to categorize my 20 distinct values into 3 distinct values (by using the above mentioned formula). After doing so, I am counting all user (from that very same table) against the grouped dimension. So considering your answer, this should just work fine since I'm still in the same table.

Regards

Chris

Patrik_Lundblad
Employee
Employee

Hi Chris,

When you do a selection on in your chart can you make sure that you only get selections done in 1 field in the selection bar? For one field it should work.

Best regards,

Patrik.

igdrazil
Creator III
Creator III
Author

2017-10-11 13_09_01-Campus 2.0 - Campus Team 0.2 _ Sheets - Qlik Sense.png

Looking at the Selection-bar, it does only select 1 Field

Patrik_Lundblad
Employee
Employee

Hi Chris,

Then the question is why you are getting null values back, despite only using 1 field. Is there any set analysis or other type of function you are using?

Patrik.

igdrazil
Creator III
Creator III
Author

This is the measure I use:

count(distinct {<[user.active] = {'1'}, [user.record_delivery_id] = {'$(=$(vRDID))'}>}[user.user_id])

all fields are part of the same table called (user), which is the above mentioned user_data table. user.active is a binary field, having 0 or 1 in it to describe if the user is marked as active.

we receive new data every week. user.record_delivery_id does tell me which week i'm looking at. the Variable vRDID just has the maximum value of record_delivery_id.

All in all, there's nothing special about the calculation.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

I have the same issue. And it does not depend if both dimension and measure are calculated from the same table or not. I think the problem is with IF statement. When you create your master dimension with IF, coloring does nor work. Exactly the same dimension without IF statement works fine. So my work around is do define everything in load editor and then define master dimension without IF statement and set colors.

I hope this bug will be fixed soon, because it is extremely uncomfortable to define everything in load editor.

Petra