Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Combine two fields to dimension for filtering

Hi all together,

I have two fields "Datum" and "Erlös_Datum" that I would like to combine to one dimension, as the content is the same (dates). Without combinations the two dimensions would be =Year([Datum_Erlös]) and =Year(Datum). Is there a possibility to build a single dimension out of these two?

Thanks for the help and best regards,

Tom

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Digvijay_Singh

You may need canonical calendar, see if this helps -

Canonical Date

View solution in original post

7 Replies
YoussefBelloum
Champion
Champion

Hi,

what do you mean by combining two dimension?

concatenate them in one field like this: 2017-2017 for example ?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Let's say my two sources look like this.

One.JPG

Two.JPG

I want to set one filter, where I can filter the month or year. For me it doens't work (I have no explanation why, but that's another question) to rename "Datum_Erlös" to "Datum" in the script.

OmarBenSalem

Create a master calendar.

YoussefBelloum
Champion
Champion

to rename this field in the script:

TABLE:

LOAD

fieldA,

fieldB,

DATUM_ERLOS as DATUM,

FROM...

to filter the field DATUM (date) using it month you should make sure that this field is recognized as a date.

did you try Month(DATUM) to see what it gives ?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Yes I tried doing this, and it works when I do it without the rest of the data. But when all data is loaded and when I filter after month(Datum), there is no more data shown for my revenue. I actually too unaware of Qlik to know why this happens, so I am looking for another way to manage this problem.

YoussefBelloum
Champion
Champion

you should maybe attach some screen shots of your model ? attach sample data ? or the app ?

Digvijay_Singh

You may need canonical calendar, see if this helps -

Canonical Date