Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wasimalrayes
Contributor II
Contributor II

Combo Chart Two dates and Value

Hi Guys I need bit of help to illustrate this onto a combo chart

I have a table similar to this

Start Date Product ID Product Status Complete Date
01/01/2020 Product ID1 New 0
02/03/2020 Product ID2 Complete 05/03/2020
03/03/2020 Product ID3 Complete 04/04/2020
03/03/2020 Product ID4 Complete 10/03/2020
01/04/2020 Product ID5 Complete 06/06/2020

On My Combo chart I would like to display 

the Start Dates on the Bar Charts per month

and 

Complete dates on a line chart per month.

Labels (2)
7 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

Can't you use simply Month(Datefield) as Month and use this Month for Bar chart also similar for line chart?

Please add me Anil_Babu_Samineni to interact faster when reply back. Speak low think High.

Before develop something, think If placed (The Right information | To the right people | At the Right time | In the Right place | With the Right context)
wasimalrayes
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thank you Anil

When i do that it does a count of all the start dates and Completed Date giving me the same size Bar Charts for both.

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Exactly, Because Qlik doesn't know which date field of Month we are using. You can split 2 dimensions Month for one date and Month1 for another date then try?

Please add me Anil_Babu_Samineni to interact faster when reply back. Speak low think High.

Before develop something, think If placed (The Right information | To the right people | At the Right time | In the Right place | With the Right context)
wasimalrayes
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thanks 

i have added two dimensions one for each of the columns 

i.e. 1 for start date and 1 for completed date,

Its still showing as same. i think the issue is on the measure, its counting all the cells, as i have an entry on each line.

how do i just get it to count the entries of that month i.e. if in January i have 10 Start Dates, it should show 10, and if i have 5 completed in Jan it should show 5.

wasimalrayes_0-1612112186261.png

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Create Flag like

Load startdate, 'Start' as Flag From T1;

Load completeddate, 'completed' as Flag From T1;

And then count as per needs ex.

Count({<Flag={'Start'}>} Measure) // This will give only Startdate

Count({<Flag={'completed'}>} Measure) // This will give only completeddate

wasimalrayes
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thanks

I have done that but it still counting the same, as I have entries in each cell i.e

My data consists of 9000 rows

In All of the rows under Start Date and Completed Date , there is an entry, so the Count function is counting all 

Start DateProduct IDProduct StatusComplete Date
01/01/2020Product ID1New01/01/1990
02/03/2020Product ID2Complete05/03/2020
03/03/2020Product ID3Complete04/04/2020
Anil_Babu_Samineni

Sure, Can you demonstrate the same issue in QVW or QVF to check (Few rows will enough to understand where it fails)?