Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ritaaguiar
Creator
Creator

Combo Chart: how to assign name to each data occurance or color coding it

Hi

I have the combo chart below. It basically shows the history of commands used in a software during a period of time, so it only has one dimension - timestamp_field - and I chose as measure '1' because this is a 1D graphic.

However, I would like to add a coding to the dots on this chart so I can easily identify which command does each dot represent. As you can see in the two graphics below, the scatter plot shows the name of the command above the dot and the line chart color codes the commands. I would like to do the same thing to the combo chart, either assign the name to the dot or color code it.

How can I do this?

Any help would be appreciated.

Qlik Sense 67.png

Here is what I have tried:

I went to the 'Appearance' section and tried changing the colors to 'by dimension' and choosing the Command dimension which contains the data names of the commands. Unfortunately, this isn't working and the graphic fails to color code the dots.Qlik Sense 68.png

I have also tried with an expression, but still doesn't work.

if(match(Comando, '3DORBIT'), red(), if(match(Comando, 'ZOOM'), blue(), if(match(Comando, 'PEDIT'), yellow(), lightgray())))

Qlik Sense 69.png

1 Reply
Jerry_Jin
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi! You might be able to do this by creating a Master Item for each command. And then assign a color for each one of them.

Here's how to do it: Assigning Colors to Master Items

Let me know if this helps!