cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
guster999
Creator
Creator

Combo chart seperate colours by expression

How can I show separate colours for multiple measures in a combo chart?

I have seen examples using valuelist function, but these all required multiple dimensions (incl a synthetic one) which the combo chart doesn't allow?

15 Replies
Not applicable

Under the Colors and legend,  the Colors needs to be set to Auto for it to work.  Thank you Deepak!

Regards,

Dan

guster999
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks Deepak, yes I have managed to use this new feature.

Gus Feltham

Senior Data Analyst | Corporate Services

+64 4 912 0352

Anonymous
Not applicable

Dear Deepak,

I have a combo chart composed by a bar chart representing Sum(Sales) and a line chart representing Sum(Costs). I have colored Sum(Costs) a specific grey using the method you explained and it works. Great

Using this method, is it posible to color a Sum(Sales) a specific color (for example, RGB(184,235,214)) if they are higher than Sum(Costs) and other specific color (for example, RGB(255,246,182)) if they are lower than Sum(Costs)?

Thank you very much for your help and time.

Best regards,

Gonzalo

Anonymous
Not applicable

If your condition remains constant, you can create two master items, one for each possible scenario and add these master items in your chart.

If you have to create more charts then better use an extension.

More details available here: Qliksense Color code built-in combo chart bar based on condition – CodeWander

Regards

Nivedha

CaBolba
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

It solved my issue. Thanks!

andrmart01
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Jonny,

I've been reading as many community posts as I can and I can't seem to find anything that in regards to an update to this issue. Seeing that you commented on this post 6 years ago, is this feature developed into Qliksense?

I'm currently using Qlik Sense desktop version 13.82.17

Thanks!