Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
QlikNoob1
Contributor II
Contributor II

Comparative Analysis Help

Hello,

I want to create a comparative analysis on my dashboard and followed the tutorial on Qlik Help but I have encountered 2 problems.

1. When I make the two Groups and attach Region as dimension it works fine on my bar chart (with dimension YearMonth and measure is the Sales of the two groups). The problem is when I add a normal filter pane with dimension Year/Month/Quarter my graphic doesn't change according to the selected year,month or quarter.

2. Following the tutorial I couldn't figure out how to add more attributes to the groups. Like if I want to select a Region from both groups but also select a Product for the comparative analysis. How do I set more than 1 attribute?

3 Replies
QlikNoob1
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

I figured how to add more attributes to the two groups and have my graph scale by that but I still cant get the Year/Quarter/Month filter panes to work. If I add those filters to each group individually it works but I want the date to be a common filter for both groups on my graph. Do I need to make a new dimension? Please help.

Thanks

SukumarBera
Contributor III
Contributor III

I guess you are using alternate state approach for comparative analysis. If yes, please use the set analysis expression for your measure.

Ex- sum({state1<year=$::year>}sales)

Things to note here-

1. year is a list box belongs to default state ($)

2.pay special attention to the set modifier. We are modifying state1 by the year values from default state.

Please can you give a try and let me know if this works.

Thanks,

Sukumar Bera

QlikNoob1
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

I managed to receive the result I wanted by using this expression as a measure

sum({$*[Group 1]}[Sales])

instead of just

sum({[Group 1]}[Sales])

Thanks for your reply.