cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JeffQlik
Contributor II
Contributor II

Compare Current Counts to Baseline / Required Counts

Hello - I'm a newer user to Qlik Sense and hoping to find direction on how to approach a request I've been given...

We are tracking Assets per building location and need to be able to compare current location asset counts to a baseline given for the asset and location (type).

The custom provided an excel mockup of the desired output.  I've been able to replicate the mockup using SSRS / Report Builder and now need to create a Qlik Sense application of the same.

The requirements are as follows 

• Locations are defined by a category and colored as such
  • Each location type needs to have a required number of each asset
  • A baseline requirements table exists for Location Type / Asset Type and Required Count
  • The comparison needs to compare current Location Type counts by asset against the Requirements and color code the current cells background color:
    • Red - Under Requirement
    • Yellow - Over Requirement
    • Green - Equal to Requirement

The first priority is the middle of the table cells counts ... Addressing the row totals is a nice to have 

I'm Google'ing  articles and watching Qlik Sense videos on how to compare two sets of data...

Any direction or suggestions would be greatly appreciated !!! 

baselineComparison.jpg

2 Replies
y_grynechko
Creator III
Creator III

Hey,

In the default pivot table in qlik you cannot color the labels. The closest I could get to your requirements is this:

Capture.PNG

JeffQlik
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thank you for the response ... 

I believe I have found a way to color the labels as needed...

Would you be able to explain how the comparison / colorization of the numbers was accomplished?