Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
koguma
Contributor
Contributor

Compare date with Today()

I am doing a bar chart that counts how many valid members are there based on the membership expiry date.

The 2 dimensions are (i) membership type, (ii) Months. The measure is the members count.

I have problem generating the chart as the members count for each type does not tally with the raw data. Any idea where goes wrong? I tried to compare the expiry date and today's date. 

Say expiration_date_gmt = '10-Feb-2019' , this is a valid member in Jan-2019 bar and Feb-2019 bar  but excluded in the Mar-2019 bar.

if (p_code='2' AND (Date#(expiration_date_gmt,'YYYY/MM/DD') > Date(today(), 'YYYY/MM/DD')), 'Ordinary',
if (p_code='3' AND (Date#(expiration_date_gmt,'YYYY/MM/DD') > Date(today(), 'YYYY/MM/DD')), 'Spouse',
if (p_code='4' AND (Date#(expiration_date_gmt,'YYYY/MM/DD') > Date#(today(), 'YYYY/MM/DD')), 'Affiliated'

6 Replies
harishicon
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Use Date(Today(),'YYYY/MM/DD') in all expression

harishicon
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

use the same format in all expression. Please check Date# in the third expression.

koguma
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Thanks.

Should I replaced all "Date#" with "Date" as well? I have removed the "#" from the 3rd Date(today()...)

if (p_code='2' AND (Date#(expiration_date_gmt,'YYYY/MM/DD') > Date(today(), 'YYYY/MM/DD')), 'Ordinary',
if (p_code='3' AND (Date#(expiration_date_gmt,'YYYY/MM/DD') > Date(today(), 'YYYY/MM/DD')), 'Spouse',
if (p_code='4' AND (Date#(expiration_date_gmt,'YYYY/MM/DD') > Date(today(), 'YYYY/MM/DD')), 'Affiliated'

Also, I checked the raw data, under the expiration_date_gmt field, the data are as follow. I also noticed that only the  three highlighted records are displayed in the bar chart. I have this feeling that the date format for expiration_date_gmt and Today() are different, hence the "greater than" condition is not working as what I want. 

expiration_date_gmt
23/1/2018 4:00::00 AM
1/6/2018 4:00::00 AM
20/8/2018 4:00::00 AM
1/10/2018 4:00::00 AM
10/11/2018 4:00::00 AM
21/12/2018 4:00::00 AM
31/12/2018 4:00::00 AM

Anyone has other suggestions?

lironbaram
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

hi 

can you post sample data it's will be easier to understand your problem and help you solve it 

koguma
Contributor
Contributor
Author

I have posted the sample data for the expiration_date_gmt. Any idea how to resolve the issue?

koguma
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Trying my luck again.

i want to plot a graph that shows the membership count over 12 months.
some sample of the data stored in the membership_expiry_date field is
1/1/2018 4:00:00 AM
31/12/2019 4:00:00 AM
31/12/2035 4:00:00 AM

As you can see, there are future dates. The count computation is as follow:
Jan 2018 - membership_expiry_date > 31 Dec 2017
Feb 2018 - membership_expiry_date > 31 Jan 2018
Mar 2018 - membership_expiry_date > 28 Feb 2018

Any idea how can i do it? I don't think I can use Today(), right? Appreciate any comments.